Manzanares Street Coffeehouse

www.socorrocoffee.com - (575) 838-0809

Manzanares Street Coffeehouse Socorro Reviews

aerynn aerynn
Unique and yummy cafe concoctions Jun 13, 2008
Having visited twice for lunch, and a handful of other times for caffeine and/or gelato/sorbetto, I would say I definitely found a perfect spot at Manzanares Street Coffeehouse.

Any place serving gelato and sorbetto is worth a stop, but I was delightfully surprised at the quality of food, service, and art presented.

I felt immediately at home, hailing originally from the pacific northwest, in a coffeehouse with a small stage in the corner, various-sized tables, and several couches. The photography adorning the walls gave the room a gallery quality and provided a serene atmosphere in which to enjoy my lunch.

Being mostly vegetarian, I tried whatever vegetarian sandwich was listed on the board. Avocado, perhaps? Of course it also had green chili on it, which is standard in New Mexico. Most notable were the unique selection of 'sides' that come with a sandwich. They offered either an apple, an apple with peanut butter, or a cold rice/feta salad. I opted for the apple with peanut butter, feeling quite nostalgic about one of my favourite childhood snacks showing up on a menu in a random coffeehouse.

The food was excellent, as were the staff. One of my trips I was accompanied by my vegan friend, and the staff were very accommodating. They were polite, and wanted to make sure that everything was okay.

When I went back to order gelato, I asked the young man if he had any recommendations, and he was happy to help me out, as well as let me sample as many flavours as I wanted! I finally settled for two flavours: Chocolate hazelnut gelato and raspberry sorbet. If you have never tried chocolate and raspberry in the same vicinity, you haven't lived yet.

I highly recommend this place to anyone passing through or spending longer times in Socorro. I know if I were there for more time, this coffeehouse would be my regular hang out.

Related Travel Blogs About Manzanares Street Coffeehouse

Back in School, or, bummin' around Socorro
For several days I attended the 11th Synthesis Imaging Summer School at New Mexico Tech.  I made some new friends, of course, and packed a lot of knowledge into my brain.  The lectures were…Socorro.  See the review.  My favourite spots turned out to be the Manzanares Street Coffeehouse (see review), the Manzanares

Check Socorro Hotel Deals