Mantra Indian Cuisine

1761 Alfredo Benavides, Lima, Peru
Mantra Indian Cuisine - Our meal: Vindaloo Chicken, Roti & Katchumber Salad
Mantra Indian Cuisine - the entrance, I had to come back the next day to take the picture, hahaha
Mantra Indian Cuisine - Chicken Vindaloo: chicken with spicy curry, with a twist of vinegar and coconut, Goa style
Mantra Indian Cuisine - Gulab Jamun, sweet balls of milk, flour, sugar and cardamom
Mantra Indian Cuisine - name
Mantra Indian Cuisine - nice dining area
Mantra Indian Cuisine - Punjabi Hariyali Tikka. Delicious! Very good contrast with the chutney and chicken with spices

Mantra Indian Cuisine Lima Reviews

darkdaredevil darkdare…
great indian food Sep 08, 2015
the food here at mantra was amazing..the flavours and spices where exact as indians like it ..only one dish i dint like was the biryani thats was not at all biryani it was some kind of mix rice...but rest be it curries like paneer, chicken curry was superb and starters the veg kebab,mutton and the chicken tikka was nice food was awesome...recommend it for all..its owned by a gujrati person..very helpful and kind hearted person Mr. Patel. He arranged taxi for us always wherever we visited the restaurant to get back to the hotel safely as safety is big issue in Lima.
yadilitta yadilitta
Authentic Indian Cuisine and mystical environment - Mantra Mar 11, 2010
However Lima is a big city, there are no many Indian restaurants. So far I just found 2. This one opened just a couple of months ago, but has been in business for a few years, but as catering.

The other Indian restaurant is very good, but the chef is from Pakistan. Here, the chef is Indian. This restaurant is bigger and more elegant, also the prices are a bit higher. But the difference is not that much. The food in both places is great, but the other one is more cozy and familiar. This will be the best choice if you are looking for something more classy.

The atmosphere is very nice. Since the minute you walk in, you will feel as if you were in India, incense, decoration, music. The dining room is very elegant set. Nice chairs and table clothes. The waiters will approach you and even put the napkin on your lap.

Now the food. I went there with Mari and we both were open to try different things. As appetizer we had the Punjabi Hariyali Tikka, which was about chicken pieces cooked in a tandoor with spinach, spices and green chili. The flavor was very good. The chicken was tender, but not dried and the contrast with the peach chutney was amazing!

As entrée we got: Chicken Vindaloo. Chicken Goa style. It had spicy curry, vinegar and a bit of coconut. It was spicy, but not too much.

As sides we got some bread: roti and the Katchumber salad, which was very refreshing.

There was some room left for dessert and we ordered the Gulab Jamun, which were balls made with milk, flour, sugar and cardamom. With some syrup. Really tasty!!! Love these!

The presentation of all the dishes was very very nice and the portions weren't small. They were perfect size.

I'm so glad I found another option for having tasty Indian food in Lima!
the entrance, I had to come back t…
nice dining area
Punjabi Hariyali Tikka. Delicious!…
Our meal: Vindaloo Chicken, Roti &…
Africancrab says:
Yum, this makes me hungry
damarispatel says:
No please! you did not, for me it´s so good you like Indian food, and there are lots of great dishes of different parts from India you have to try, who knows someday you´ll show me that two restaurants there or maybe you´ll eat something from me too ;) Namaste.
yadilitta says:
thanks for the note and clarification, and sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I was just quoting was the restaurant says.

Check Lima Hotel Deals