Manny's

444 Atterdag Rd. #5, Solvang, CA, USA

Manny's Solvang Reviews

Eric Eric
Apr 29, 2007
Most of the restaurants in Solvang serve a mix of Danish/German and/or American food, and most of the menu's seemed quite fattening and heavy, so we decided to opt for Mexican food instead. It felt a bit odd to be eating Mexican food in a Danish town, but Manny's turned out to be quite good. The outdoor seating was a big plus because the weather was almost perfect - sunny with a cool breeze.

I ordered eggs with Chorizo, which was served with refried beans, hash browns, and corn tortillas. It was decent and pretty much what I was expecting. The sausage could have used more flavor and the hash browns were incredibly greasy, but overall I think this was a better alternative than most of the dining options in Solvang. Cheaper, too.

There seemed to be only two people working here, so service was a bit slow at times, but still friendly.
Manny's exterior and outside seati…
The aggressive bluejays here were …
shellbelle4 says:
A previous owner of Manny's treated my brand new husband and I to dinner and unbelievably spectacular fried ice cream to celebrate our honeymoon. I recommend the Manny's of over seven years ago. I haven't tried the Manny's of late.
Posted on: Nov 09, 2008
thenewextrememimi says:
Hee-- Tourist scticky Solvang's probably more Mexican than Danish anyway. Our waiter at a "Danish" restaurant was obviously hispanic, so I facetiously asked if he was Danish. His repsonse? "Yes... *Southern* Danish".
Posted on: Sep 22, 2007
vances says:
To expand on the culture clash, your review brought another Manny’s to mind…but this one is a cafeteria in Chicago that serves knish, kreplachs and gefilte fish! Haven’t been there in perhaps fifteen years, but I have fond memories of this fantastic diner.

Hopefully still in business, Manny’s was practically an institution when I used to drop in for lunch and if a TravBuddy stumbles across this review dreaming of Manny’s Chicago cousin I issue a plea for a review to learn how they are doing. If memory serves, they were on S. Jefferson off of Roosevelt??? ...but it’s been awhile, lol...thanks for the memories, Eric!
Posted on: May 04, 2007