Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen

1141 South Jefferson Street, Chicago, IL, USA - (312) 939-2855 / (312) 939-2856 (fax)
Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen - At Manny's with fellow TB Lindsay - he ordered the corned beef too!
Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen - My corned beef and cabbage.
Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen - Manny's in Chicago
Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen - Manny's = home of good stuff you can't find any more.
Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen - Just walk down that line and load up with good food!
Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen - Manny's really does have the best corned beef.
Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen - Just before the lights got switched on

Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen Chicago Reviews

vances vances
Delightful Deli! Oct 11, 2013
The good old days are alive and well at Manny’s, a landmark deli in Chicago. Renowned for corned beef, reubens and hefty portions, getting back to Manny’s was what I was looking forward to most during my return to Chicago. I hadn’t been here for twenty six years, so I was joyous to see nothing had changed – same cafeteria set up and same dining room. I remembered Manny’s as always being clean, but it seems even more so now, though that was probably owing to the fact that I was here for dinner when traffic is light. Previous visits were over the lunch hour when the joint is a packed madhouse.

My initial return was the first evening in town, where I rendezvoused with fellow TB Lindsay ([url=]34Chicago23[/url]), who was obviously familiar with Manny’s – he knew exactly where it was and ordered corned beef just like I did! The range of essential deli food is what attracts me. You can’t order Liver & Onions, Fried Smelts or Tongue & Mushrooms many places these days, and why not accompany your main course with latkes (potato pancakes) or some chicken soup with kreplachs (meat dumplings)? Of course I returned for dinner the following night, ordering the beef stew (which was so thick I only needed a fork) with a side of pickled herring. YUM!

The food selection, portion sizes and quick service (it is cafeteria style, you get a ticket at the end of the line but don’t pay until you leave – there’s a register at the front) are the plusses. In addition, the waiters are very professional and attentive, which is unusual for these venues. The only downer was the cost. I didn’t recall Manny’s as being a pricey eating destination, but my bill of fares were a bit salty. That said, they offer unlimited refills for fountain drinks and I asked for a pickle, which they gladly provided without charge. I suppose the price isn’t so much of an issue if you bring your appetite, but alas, being diabetic limits me on this front (even on the eve of a marathon when everyone else gets to carbo load, lol).

Manny’s is a great way to feel like you’ve experienced Chicago!
Just walk down that line and load …
My corned beef and cabbage.
At Manny's with fellow TB Lindsay …
Manny's really does have the best …
monky says:
Congrats on being featured Vance!:D
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feature, Vance!! :)
sarahelaine says:
Congratulations on the feature!

Check Chicago Hotel Deals