Manly Surf School

93-95 Noth Steyne Rd, Manly, Australia - (02) 9977 6977

Manly Surf School Reviews

jeansu jeansu
Fun even in the winter! Jul 14, 2011
Being in Australia, I was determined to learn how to surf. And Manly surf school gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. During the winter season, they had a special (2 for 1 deal) where one lesson was essentially $30/person ($60/2 ppl). They provide wet suits, rash guards, and a soft board--only thing you need is a towel and swimsuit.

I took a Saturday lesson in July and there were around 15-20 ppl. A little crowded, but the more the merrier! First, our 3 instructors showed us how to paddle, jump on the board, and taught us a little about surfing etiquette. Then they had us all go out as a group to try to catch some waves. For the students who were struggling to get up (aka me), they helped us individually by holding onto our boards and pushing us when a wave came and instructing us when to paddle/when to stand.

Overall, a great experience. If I had more time in Sydney/discovered this earlier, I would totally do it again.

Related Travel Blogs About Manly Surf School

Summer in Sydney
Summer is coming to an end here and I am starting to think about Queensland… I think there are still a couple more months of warm weather though before the beach becomes less appealing. Last Satur…surf schools out at Manly – mostly grommies! They all run out in rows to practice their paddling which is really…

Check Manly Hotel Deals