Manila - back of house
Manila - back of house
Manila - people trying to relocate
Manila - in front of the house
Manila - twilight before the monsoon
Manila - twilight before the monsoon

Manila Reviews

mafe mafe
The monsoon in Manila Sep 01, 2012
I am writing this review to share to my fellow travbuddy members my first time experience of how the forces of nature responses to us humans.

It was that cold afternoon of August 7 2012 that the Philippines experienced the unending heavy rainfall. Two weeks before the rainfall a typhoon hit the country , causing rains and unpredictable weather nonetheless the typhoon just pass the country without doing any harm. But that afternoon of August 7 2012 while i was sitting with my hot cappuccino at Starbucks SM North , the very unusual heavy rain fall hard all over Manila and it did not stop at all, due to my fear that I might not come home safely due to the rain I got up headed home safely. The next morning the rain did not stop and all we see out side the house water and it even went inside our first floor .For a three floor house we are lucky we still have the 2nd and 3rd floor to occupy after the water wend inside the house at knee level.

The very challenging part of this experience is how we manged to survive the 1 day of limited food inside the house struggling to come out of the house to buy food. But in the end everything that had happened gives me a lesson ; to be prepared all the time and to e optimistic after everything:)

As Ernest Hemingway quotes ;“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
in front of the house
people trying to relocate
back of house
X_Drive says:
Thanks for sharing this with us. It is always best to be prepared!! :D
rheagirl says:
baliw-katok says:
Just congrat u (on ur profile) on being featured, but after reading ur review i realize that this is in fact not a happy-happy story. However i know Pinoy ... and they keep on smilin' even in hard times ... wish sometimes i was a little bit more Pinoy myself. Keep on smilin' ! Grtz, Steven.
Philippines Map