Manila (the other side of it)
Manila (the other side of it) Reviews
Some things people don't normally say about Manila Apr 23, 2011
Just a few things you should know before going to Manila (that are either usually not mentioned or it's exagerrated):
- Drivers are indeed worse compared to other countries but they will be hospitable to you and tell you stories during the whole travel :) then, it won't be a boring drive even with the traffic
- Balut is not as bad as you think it is
- Manila is not as scary as how media would say it is. As long as you don't look too frightened nor stupid, no one will harm you. Just stay away from dark areas (I think in any country something happens in dark areas, don't you think? :)
- Not all women you see are indeed women (these are just an eye opener to the men out there :) no pun intended to anyone..)
- Durian tastes better than it smells. But when you get used to the smell, it's not as bad as the first time you smelled it.. Lol!
- Traffic is indeed bad and so is pollution, but which isn't in South East Asia especially third world country? But the beaches will always be the best!!
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Related Travel Blogs About Manila (the other side of it)
bye bye Cebu|
nov 17. cebu city blog entry: bye bye Cebu..... Wow...last day in Cebu now. It's been 3 wonderfull days. One thing that struck me about Cebu is that people seems to be more honest here then in Mani…side Manila has more to offer then Cebu, Cebu is by far more beautyfull then Manila. So at one point…
back to Quiapo again|
For the second time , I went back to Quiapo again to buy something for my uncle that I will be seeing soon so I decided to bring my camera with m…side trip and rode a bus going home and it took me 45 minutes of travel before arriving home. As you can see Manila…