Mangut Lele Ibu Is

Perempatan Jetis, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Mangut Lele Ibu Is - salad
Mangut Lele Ibu Is - Mangut Lele (the catfish)
Mangut Lele Ibu Is - stir fried chili
Mangut Lele Ibu Is - very modest place

Mangut Lele Ibu Is Yogyakarta Reviews

putri_kirana putri_ki…
Indonesian style of Catfish cuisine Apr 07, 2012
“I can’t eat catfish, it’s head bit looks like snake’s head in my opinion” I said to my friend, when he asked me to try catfish cuisine in one of small restaurant in Southern Jogja. My friend keep bring me to that restaurant. “You can eat outside catfish there, they also have fried fish, tofu and chicken”, he said.

I give up and finally agree to follow him.

Located at Imogiri Barat road, just beside the road. The restaurant is very simple, small building with some desks & chairs outside, and low desks inside where we only sit on the carpet. Couple years ago, the building is only semi permanent, my friend said. People keep come here even the place is very simple.

I am curious and decide to order the special menu, “Mangut Lele” catfish cooked in the coconut milk with some spices, well ok I will eat it without head.

Every order will completed with “fresh salad” (4 plates of the mix of raw & boiled vegetable), “sambal terasi” (special chili sauce with fish pasta), and stir fried big green chili. Wow, it is really big portion for me! The Mangut Lele itself has very light taste, bit creamy of coconut milk but not spicy. It will match with the chili sauce that kick my tongue. We can’t stop to eat before the food finished, ffiuuhhh…

It is really healthy and yummy lunch, but really not recommended for people whose on diet. You will forget the diet here 
Mangut Lele (the catfish)
stir fried chili
very modest place
dm_nana says:
Nice review dear Putri :)
Posted on: Aug 01, 2012
vulindlela says:
Posted on: Jul 29, 2012
ilserita says:
Congrats on your featured review!! :)
Posted on: Jul 29, 2012