Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa

Check Phuket Hotel Deals

Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket Reviews

hoofinnit hoofinnit
Beautiful Pool Area and Spacious Rooms but There's a Catch! Jul 23, 2014
I purchased a voucher for this 4 star hotel on Groupon as the price was so inexpensive. When I called to book a room, however, they were full during the time my trip was planned so they offered me an upgrade for more money. The amount seemed reasonable except when I received the confirmation email, the amount I paid was in addition to the base price...my mistake for not asking more questions but the wording was vague.

Upon arrival, I realized the location was not great, even if you like to walk as I do. It feels like it is out in the middle of nowhere. In order to explore you are going to have to have a scooter, unless you book tours through the hotel which are more expensive but have pickups at the front door. Again, my fault for not doing more research. After spending a week there, I realized that the type of travellers who book there are couples looking for a relaxing time by the pool, and maybe go on a one or two tours during there stay. It is a holiday destination rather than a place to stay while you are checking out the area.

While the d├ęcor is not my style, you cannot refute that this is a nice hotel and the pool area is really beautiful. The room was enormous, and I even had an extra room with a soaker tub in in which was fantastic! In addition, the bed was huge and extremely comfy.

The restaurant food looked lovely, however I never ate there as just a breakfast alone was more than $20...way more than I want to spend in Thailand.

I read that they did not allow kids which I thought was a nice idea, however there were three days at the pool where there was a kid splashing and swimming around. While I was not bothered by the boy, I think that if you say there are not kids allowed, then there should not be any kids at the pool. He may have been related to the owner, but still I think not following through on what you are offering is not a good idea.

The catch is that when you arrive, they try to sell you a holiday club package. I decided to not take them up on the offer, especially as it seemed time consuming when I wanted to be out exploring. Initially they were persistent, but in the end, they were gracious about me not accepting and I was left alone.

Again, this is a nice hotel, but just not my type of establishment. I would not stay here again as it is not for me, but if you are looking for a place to lay by the pool, have some drinks, social time with other couples, and take a tour or two, this could be the place for you!

Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Overview

The Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa is a five-star hotel known for its views. This Phuket hotel overlooks 4 separate bays. From the grounds one may see mountains and get a view of many of the islands that surround Phuket. From the Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa it is 25 miles to the Phuket International Airport.

There are 4 types of accommodation available at the Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa. Among the 40 rooms are 10 Royal Jacuzzi Villas, 6 Deluxe Jacuzzi Villas, 12 Superior Jacuzzi Villas and 12 Superior Garden Villas. Each room is provided with satellite television service, Internet access, a safe, a minibar and a private bath with a hairdryer and bathrobe.

The Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa is a large facility which features many luxury amenities. There is a restaurant and a lobby onsite. The staff offers currency exchange services and access to the hotel's safe. The hotel provides bicycle rental services, laundry services and parking facilities to those who arrive by private car. There is Internet access available in the hotel commons.

Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Amenities

• Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes