Mandalay Inn

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals

Mandalay Inn Siem Reap Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
basic hotel, but excellent customer service Jul 25, 2012
I found an ad for Mandalay Inn via However, I did not use this hotel broker instead I made my reservation directly to the hotel’s website. I sent a message of inquiry first, and immediately, I received a reply. I considered that an indication of a good customer service.

I booked a “Queen Bedroom” with single queen-size bed. Their rates are cheap; US$18.00 per night for the basic type room (non-AC/Fan only.)

The inclusive airport pick-up service was a plus to us! By the time we exited the airport, the tuk-tuk driver was there awaiting for us.

The check in went smoothly. One of the staff carried our backpacks to our room that is at the second floor. There’s no elevator, so we climbed the stairs barefooted. There was a sign by the stairs to leave our shoes in one corner.

Our room was clean and furnished with an old television set, a fridge, and a built-in closet but NOT with a thick mattress. It could have been nice if it was. The bathroom’s space dimension is too compressed. There is no separation between the shower, lavatory, and toilet. As a result, everything inside will get wet when taking a shower. Toiletries are complimentary. We were provided with clean towels, but it’s too old and torn.

The use of Wi-Fi and Internet are inclusive. However, the speed connection was not always fast.

Mandalay Inn’s location is within easy walking distance to Old Market, Siem Reap Night Market, convenient stores, banks, ATMs, laundromat, massage clinics, pubs or bars. And yet, the location remains to be quiet and safe especially at night. The gated property closes at 11:00 p.m. However, there’s a staff on duty at the open air reception area 24/7. From the airport, the hotel is about 7 km away by tuk-tuk ride.

We used their travel agency to hire a transportation (tuk-tuk) and a driver so we can easily hop from one archeological temple ruins to another. Ample supply of cold bottle water was inclusive. I am not sure if their transport rates are still the same. It might have increased; please check their website for current rates.

We also tried Khmer and Burmese food at their restaurant, but that didn’t work out positively. We had waited too long before our food were brought on the table; the staff was polite and apologetic though. And then the dishes weren't that tasty.

The entire staff team (hotel, restaurant and travel tour) were very accommodating! Even their tuk-tuk drivers were always on time. Khat, our tuk-tuk driver, was very kind to us.

In conclusion; I have no reservation about recommending this hotel especially to budget travelers. However, I would experiment staying at five-star hotels in Siem Reap if my pocket book could afford.

Feel free to write your comments in the box below if you have recently stayed in this hotel. Share updated information if you have any. Thank you! ~
Khan, the tuk-tuk driver who picke…
the mattress wasn't the thickness …

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals