Mandala Desa

Mandala Desa Rates and Deals

Mandala Desa Ubud Reviews

divadownunder divadown…
Quiet and relaxing villa by the paddy fields Jan 29, 2011
From the time I placed my booking through I was impressed by their service. They were friendly and responded to my queries in no time at all!

They offered free pick up service from the airport and gave me the mobile number of their driver for ease of communication. As my boyfriend was in Bali already and stayed in Kuta, they were more than happy to pick him up first before meeting me at the airport. My flight was delayed for 30 minutes, coming in at close to 11 PM, yet the driver was all smiles as he waited at the gate with my boyfriend :)

The drive at that time of the night took about 40 minutes. Mandala Desa is a complex of 3 buildings in a quiet village near Sukawati. It is surrounded by lovely rice fields. One building is used as the management office, another is divided into 2 suites: garden suite (1st floor) and view suite (2nd floor) and another is a 2-storey villa with outdoor marble bath tub.

We paid USD 75 per night (breakfast inclusive) for the view suite and stayed there for 2 nights. The suite is very roomy, with a balcony overlooking the rice field and pool with rattan sofa set.The bed was a teak four poster with drapes and the mattress was just right, not too hard and not too soft.

The amenities were excellent, fully stocked mini fridge with wine, beer, chocolate etc, a water dispenser, coffee machine and a couple of balinese sarong which were fun to lounge in.

As it was secluded, there were no restaurants within the vicinity so we ate in the premises during the whole of our stay. Food had to be ordered one hour beforehand as they were made to order.

The food was good, several choices for breakfast set: american, continental or indonesian.

We found out that we were the only ones there for the duration of our stay, so we had the whole complex - pool, gardens, lounge huts - to ourselves!

They provide bicycles free of charge and we took them for a ride around the village, where we met several groups of cute kids, playing, fishing etc.

They also provide free shuttle into Ubud centre and we made use of that to get into our accommodation for the second leg of our Ubud vacation.

Overall, a great place and excellent staff!
view of villa from sun deck
view of pool area from suite balco…
view of rice fields from suite bal…
breakfast out on the balcony

Check Mandala Desa Rates and Deals