Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Rates and Deals

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Reviews

blinkieme1 blinkiem…
Very nice but a little far from beach Sep 15, 2011
I found this be a very nice hotel.

The bar at the top is worth the visit to the hotel alone! Such great views of the San Diego area and the drinks aren't completely insanely priced.

My room was very nice and clean, the service was prompt and friendly. One of the concierges messed up my room key and I had to go down twice to get it fixed. They were extremely friendly and apologetic, but I feel that they should have at least offered me a little compensation for the annoyance of having to come down from the room with all my luggage. Maybe that's just me though!
seangee seangee
TOP Floor Bar Dec 31, 2009
I have not stayaed in this hotel but I often attended events here. I will tell you that the top floor bar is a very nice place to start or end a night on the town. The view of the city is top notch and the atmosphere is laid back. I'd say do it.
good times
Amanda Amanda
May 14, 2007
As I have discussed in some of my other reviews, I am a girl that has not only stayed in every level of hotel, hostel, couchsurf, etc; (short of hut in the middle of the jungle; but I anxiously await the day!) I can appreciate every level of said accommodation for what it is, and what it is not.

So imagine taking in the grandeur and presence that IS the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego and feeling absolutely, positively…

I don’t know what to say. It’s lovely. I know it is. But it’s TOO lovely – a put on, a show, with no real soul or sense of personality at all. It’s cold and generic and grand for the sake of being grand. Nothing wrong with it of course… just left me feeling… well… ambivalent.

I’m sure it didn’t help that I was here for a convention for 4 days – and that says something too – this is a very “Come have your convention here” kind of a place. I think it caters to that a great deal.

There are a lot of good things to say; it’s directly on the water, and the views are lovely. The service was nicely done. The food was exorbitantly expensive (I was trapped in the hotel due to the convention) but was of fine quality, for a cold, generic, and grand for the sake of being grand hotel. I had Matzah Ball Soup and a pot of tea and it was exceptionally nice – but cost me near to $25.00 US but the time it was done. Hmmm…..

If your concerns are a very well appointed room, a gorgeous view and invisible service, well then, here’ s a place to look into; it has all of that.

If you are looking for a place with some remote bit of personality and some slight hint of a soul, that captures even a bit of the personality of this city (I don’t know San Diego well, and I’m not a huge fan, but I would think and hope that it has a personality) then look elsewhere. This place is just too busy being grand to do or be anything else.
The lobby
The bedroom
The hotel - it's the two white tow…

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Overview

Located on the San Diego Bay, the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel San Diego is close to the airport and the area's popular attractions. The hotel is a few minutes' walk away from the Gaslamp Quarter, Seaport Village and San Diego Convention Center.

The hotel offers a total of 1,625 guest rooms with antique-style furnishings, rich fabrics, floor-to-ceiling windows and views of San Diego and the bay. All rooms feature amenities such as air conditioning, bathrooms, televisions, desks, refrigerators, phones with voice mail and high-speed internet access.

Situated on prime waterfront location, the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel San Diego provides guests with a resort-like setting with beautiful bay views. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, pub, games room, hairdressing salon, conference facilities, wireless internet access and 24-hour reception.

Manchester Grand Hyatt Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes