Man Nam Korean Restaurant

(607) 770-0073

Man Nam Korean Restaurant Vestal Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Korean in the Binghamton area Aug 18, 2013
Firstly I like to apologize for not having photos to share. I failed to bring my phone or camera with me when trying this new place out.

Secondly This is my first time trying Korean food so I don't have anything to compare it too and can not testify to how authentically Korean the cuisine was.

With that stated I quite enjoyed Man Nam. I found the restaurant from a yelp search for vegetarian options in Binghamton and passed by it a few times when in the area. I wish I came here earlier.

It is not a posh or fancy restaurant, more like a small very casual dinner cafe with three small dinning rooms.

Service was good and our waitress was very helpful in pointing out which dishes are or could be made vegetarian. I had to ask her twice because they were on several different pages. It would be easier if there was an actual vegetarian section.

I ordered fried rice with vegetables and seaweed salad - I know, not a very adventurous choice - and our meals came with a sampling of vegetarian friendly side dishes that were very yummy and miso soup! my favorite side dish was the cucumber with a sweet and sour type sauce. My fried rice was some of the best I have ever had, perfectly seasoned and lots of fresh vegetables. The seaweed salad was also good, very juicy!

Food was prepared quickly and while we waited there were books on korean culture and cuisine at the table. and since I do not have much knowledge of korean food I found this to be a valuable asset and learning tool :)

The place is worth trying if you are in the Binghamton area. But do not expect a fancy place, its def very casual but comfortable. Attached to the KFC, but once inside you do not even notice the KFC outside.

both my dad and I felt like we were eating home cooking and the staff was very pleasant and helpful in educating us on Korean dishes.
esterrene says:
it was a good first time, though I did play it completely safe with the fried rice. haha :) next time I will venture out more :)

Dad really liked his dish and thats a BIG plus!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2013
spocklogic says:
Sounds like you had a good experience for trying Korean the first time around. I had some Korean friends back in the day and would go to their houses for dinner and the wife would serve all the men. They liked their food spicy though and was a bit strong for me, especially the kimchi.
Posted on: Aug 18, 2013