Mamounia

Mamounia - Mamounia cheese platter

Mamounia Singapore Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Best Middle Eastern food in Singapore Aug 03, 2014
I was in a "middle eastern phase" when i selected this restaurant for my office farewell lunch.

Having suffered a bad allergic reaction to a lebanese restaurant food in Holland Village, I had actually stayed away from lebanese food for a few years! However, having recently taken up belly-dancing class, i was into lebanese/ middle eastern spicy food all over again lol!

Located just below the bar Screening Room restaurant, Mamounia is a cozy 40 seat restaurant with elegant but simple furnishings. The interior decor will suggest that the restaurant is quite pricey but you can get a good deal if you eat lunch instead of dinner there!

I had previously had a taste of their dips when i was having cocktails at the rooftop bar located at the same building as this restaurant. Very good dips!

So for my farewell lunch, i invited my office department colleagues to a mediterranean lunch (all to be paid by my kind boss of course!!).

We ordered the lunch menu set (reasonably priced i would say) and add a cheeseplatter (cheese from Turkey, Greece and Spain) and croquetas de pollo. Every week, the restaurant issues 2 menu of the day for you to select.

I selected the fish as my main while some of my colleagues ordered the beef.

For desert, I requested for Mahalabia (a sweet fruity desert) instead of the desert provided for by the set-lunch since I am allergic to nuts. The desert provided by the Menu was a coconut ice-cream with pistachios.

So forget those restaurants at Arab Street as there are many which claim to serve authentic middle eastern food but fail. This place is worth your money!
Mamounia dips and salad