Mama's Cajun Cuisine

Mama's Cajun Cuisine - looking into the kitchen

Mama's Cajun Cuisine Cypress Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Cajun in Houston Jan 12, 2009
I was recently in New Orleans and had some pretty good Cajun food, so when my friend suggested we go to Mama’s, I was like, ok. Boy, did they surprise me. The employees and owners where very friendly and made you truly feel at home. John and his wife, both came out to speak to us at our table. That was very nice. We really enjoyed the atmosphere. People seemed to really be enjoying their food and the kids enjoyed their small play area in the back. The large TV’s were a bit distracting because they had a pretty good football game on, but otherwise, it was pleasant.

I liked the simple limited menu. It was on a board above the register and it made it easy to order. They had some great food on it. I also discovered that they had quite a few off the menu dishes as well. So, if you have a favorite meal, just ask, you might be surprised. The food is true Cajun! The roast beef Po-boys require a napkin after every bite! The fried seafood Po-boys are to die for. They are all filling because they are all a foot long. I ordered the fried shrimp and they were so good. How do you make a shrimp taste any different from another shrimp, I think they key thing is ‘freshness.’ I have had both fresh and frozen, and these were definitely fresh. The meal was complimented with a great Cole slaw. No mayo in this one, but it had some Chinese noodles or something mixed in and it was fabulous. The crab cake was enormous. It was served on a dinner plate and was enough food for two. I noticed several people eating crawfish. The crawfish looked like they were very good and properly prepared. I will also tell you to save some room for the bread pudding. You have to taste it to believe it! I never tasted bread pudding that good in New Orleans. You must try it ASAP!

The food was all cooked to order, so it took a bit to get it out, but it was worth the wait.

The place is also very clean and decorated with a New Orleans flair. I know I will go back and suggest that everyone try this place.
The dinning area