Mama D's

3885 US Highway 62 Calvert City, Calvert City, KY, USA
(270) 395-0229
Mama D's - Fresh veggies! not frozen!

Mama D's Calvert City Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Jersey Approved Pizza in Rural Kentucky! Nov 27, 2011
I have stopped several times in Calvert City, KY due to delays in work. Each time I would make the 20 mile trek to Larger city Paducah in search of something decent to eat thinking that there was nothing a vegetarian could find in Calvert CIty.

Then one day I noticed a Mama D's menu at the hotel and figure why not take a look. They had a whole section of vegetable pasta options. This sparked my curiosity and I convinced my father to give it a try.

When we pulled up we both looked at each other and thought "Oh boy...". Mama D's looked like a small shack with new siding and a dirt parking lot surrounded by a pitch black night. Needless to say our expectations were low.. very low. But we were hungry, it was late and we were not in the mood to drive 20 miles one way to Paducah..

Immediately upon entering Mama D's my opinion began to change.

The atmosphere was inviting. The dinning area was small and and filled with tables that I thought were a tad bit too small for a group with more than 2 people. It was well lit, warm and simply pleasant space to eat.

Service was very good. Being vegetarian I had some questions about the food and they were more than happy to answer them all and even make a suggestion of what they could do. I didn't have to ask too many questions since they al ready provided a vegetable pasta dish section.

I ordered penne pasta with broccoli, squash and carrots tossed in fresh garlic and oil. It was delicious!! My dad had ordered a pizza and really enjoyed it! In fact he was shocked at how much he enjoyed it that when we returned months later he immediately began telling others in our group that they must try it..

Being from NJ we don't really expect a lot of certain foods, like pizza, to taste as good as it is at home - we are really picky about our sauce. But this was great Italian food and they served Jersey approved Pizza!

I am really happy that we gave this place a chance and definitely would recommend eating here. From my last visit it looks like they are expanding the place to accommodate more customers. Good for them and us! :)
Fresh veggies! not frozen!
esterrene esterrene
Mama D's Italian awesomeness! Aug 25, 2011
Mama D's was a huge surprise and a great find!!

I just happened to find a Mama D's menu at a nearby hotel and noticed that they had a few Veggie pasta options to choose from.. I asked if it was any good and if the veggies were really "fresh" as was stated. Based on the enthusiastic response, I figured the place was worth a try.

From the outside you can smell the Italian awesomeness and once you are inside the scent of sauce, fresh bread and making pizzas only gets better..

The atmosphere was cozy. The staff was very friendly.

I ordered the broccoli and pasta tossed with garlic and oil and with some fresh spinach added to the mix. SOOO good!! lots a fresh garlic tossed in and some fresh bread on the side! I recommend ordering a side of tomato sauce to dip the bread in! YUM!

My father is very picky about his pizza. Its hard for him to find a pizza that he really likes outside the the NJ area. The pizza he ate here was, in his opinion, as good as you can find back home.. THAT is saying something! :)

Great place to eat! very popular with the locals and you will not be sorry for coming here.

Check Calvert City Hotel Deals