Malpensa International (MXP)

Milan, Italy

Malpensa International (MXP) Milan Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Milan's Malpensa airport (Berlin - Milan) Jan 24, 2010
I traveled from Berlin to Malpensa in 2003 after the ITB Fair ended, to meet my boyfriend Peter. Even though Milan is the most popular and well known of Milan's two airports (Linate being the other), it is actually not in Milan itself, it is a little over 44 km away from the city in the north western side: I had to leave Mapensa to meet Peter in town on arrival. Malpensa has buses leaving every 20 minutes to and from the city so I was not too worried about getting into town even though I would have preferred to have got in through Linate. Peter had suggested instead of the bus, I take the train at Stazione Centrale which is located right at the Airport. Caution, Malpensa is an expensive place and the airport especially since It is also a tourism thing, I think a taxi cost almost 50 euros for a one way fare to the city.

I flew in aboard a British Airways flight so my arrival terminal was Terminal 1 where all scheduled flights come and go. Beautiful terminal with all the European style and artistry. Marble floors (careful if you wear heels or shoes with less friction, it’s easy to slip). My luggage came out and I went through check out and headed for the station to catch my train to town. The second time around to Milan was in January of 2004 when I visited my girlfriend from Sorento, great experience in Malpensa again, this time I had to wait for my girlfriend at the airport, she was arriving aboard an Alitalia flight from Rome. I waited at a small pasta restaurant inside the airport and all I remember is that I had the best pasta as I waited. Malpensa is one airport I would recommend if one does not mind the distance into town. Transportation is convenient and easy, it is the price that is absolutely European (expensive in other words).
world-traveller123 says:
Posted on: Jun 30, 2010
Africancrab says:
How annoying indeed. Sorry to hear you had a different experience altogether. I hope Paris made up for the hassle.
Posted on: Jun 29, 2010
montecarlostar says:
Hello Harriet, I used used Malpensa to fly into Paris, but I used the Terminal 2 (Easyjet) and it was a completely different story. Long lines, hassle, and lots of inconvenience. But that's the issue about cheap airlines I guess hehe
Posted on: Jun 29, 2010