Malolo House

Check Helensville Hotel Deals

Malolo House Helensville Reviews

nzanya nzanya
"Would you please hurry?" Sep 29, 2010
To say this first: It's a good hostel - clean, well equipped, quiet... But it's probably less made for backpackers, although it's member of the BBH. I was the only guest, but I wasn't surprised, as it was still september, so still quit in New Zealand, and there's just nothing to see in Helensville. It's more made for people who want to escape from Auckland for a few days, as it's not far. They have some double rooms even luxury ones and one bunk room - with three beds and one bunk. And not even made-up, although you can find much cheaper hostels with made up beds.

In the evening it was really boring, because there was nothing to do, no comfortable couch to read a book, or a room to watch TV (just some double rooms had there own TV, but they were locked in the evening), the internet was really expensive and WiFi not existing. And you have to pay to use the Spa. In the dorm it was too dark to lie in bed to read a book or to do something else, so I was extremely bored in the evening.

At night I even was a bit scared, because I had the turn of the lights at the other side of the hallway and than had walk all the way to my dorm in the dark. Before it was a hostel it was an old hospital - that just made it more scarier for me. I maybe should add - I'm a real coward in the dark, that's why it was such a big problem for me.

In the morning I was prepared to leave at 10am, the normal time to leave a hostel when checking out. But although they wrote down that you have to check out at 10, they asked me about 9.15 if I could hurry, because they have an appointment and I have to leave. First I didn't mind and I started to pack, but then they came again and again to rush me more and more. Why didn't they tell me the night before? That was so rude...

It's a nice place to stay - if you are not a backpacker and you are not alone. But again? No thanks.

Check Helensville Hotel Deals