Mall of America

60 East Broadway, Bloomington, MN, USA

Mall of America Bloomington Reviews

kasamak kasamak
NO SALES TAX ON CLOTHES!!!! Jul 02, 2011
Of course, as you should already know, The Mall of America is one of largest shopping malls in the US. Besides having so many of my favorite stores all in one place, I especially love shopping at MOA because... NO SALES TAX ON CLOTHES!!!!
X_Drive X_Drive
Mall of America Jun 15, 2010
Opened in 1992, it is the second largest and most spectacular shopping mall in North America. There are 520 stores on three stories plus some on the fourth level. There are expansion plans that will even make it larger. Presently there is a large indoor theme park with roller coasters, a Ferris wheel and several other rides, each of which cost. There is also an aquarium that takes you through an underwater tunnel to watch the fish as they swim all around you, but it does cost. Another of the attractions is a Lego land, where everything is made from Lego building blocks. This theme park is located on the main floor in the center of the entire complex and the rides take the heights of the building. One of the major downsides to this is that no matter where you are in the entire mall you hear kids yelling and screaming. Granted, we were moving slowly in a rented wheel chair to get around with my broken leg, but we found only a few shops to our liking and getting around in them was difficult in the wheel chair. We did stop on the third level to eat lunch. Was it what we expected? No, not really. We are quite conservative and found ourselves disappointed with what we experienced and saw. Like one of the other reviewers said, glad we saw it but wouldn’t make a trip of any size just to see it.
The front door
The Ferris Wheel
kingoftheicedragons kingofth…
The Largest Shopping Mall in the US Dec 13, 2010
It's easy to dismiss the Mall of America as a destination, especially for those of us who live in Minnesota. Sure, it's a mall. Who doesn't like a mall. And it's big. You'd have a hard time seeing everything this mall has to offer, from stores to kiosks, everything from dollar stores to high end shopping experiences.

Being from Minnesota, I've seen many changes at the Mall of America, from the beginning when stores seemed to go the extra mile to making their store unique and stand out among all of the other shopping options available, to it's current status, which is more mall-like in it's atmosphere.

There are some notable stops at the Mall of America--Underwater World, which is an aquarium under the mall which features the ecosystem of the Mississippi River, from Minnesota's lakes and streams all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico; Legoland--made completely out of legos; and the Nickolodean-themed indoor theme park. And don't forget the free entertainment that you can find at the mall throughout the season, everything from free music venues, book signings, and eating contests.

There is definitely lots to see and do here.
mightor20 says:
love that mall! especially after a vikings game. :)
Posted on: Dec 13, 2010
mayerel mayerel
The Mall of America; a big a** mall Sep 06, 2010
I found the Mall of America to be a bit blah. I mean, it's a giant mall.

While technically it is free to go in and walk around, to ride any of the rides, go to the aquarium, or really *do* anything it costs a bit. I will say it is cheaper than a Great America, but it is also much smaller.

I do not think the aquarium was worth the $20 to get in. It is rather small and I know there are many other better aquariums that are cheaper or have more to offer.

The rides were fun and there the people watching was quite amusing.

All-in-all, I'm glad I went and can check it off my list, and I recommend it if you're in the area but I would not plan a whole trip around it.
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Visit the indoor amusement park May 01, 2008
The Mall of America is the largest mall in the US and is located near the Minneapolis International Airport. With over 500 stores, you are sure to find at least ONE store that interests you. The mall also has 50 restaurants, so you are sure to find something delicious to eat.

One little known interesting fact is that the mall is not heated, even in winter. Enough heat is provided from the skylights, lighting fixtures and human bodies in the mall to heat the whole mall even when the temperatures are below zero! Only the entrances are heated in winter. In fact, sometimes the air conditioning needs to be run in winter!

The center of the mall is Nickelodean Universe - an indoor amusement park with three rollercoasters! Many rides are suitable for young children and most are generally not "scary enough" for teens and adults but still provide fun entertainment. Actually, some of the rollercoasters are surprisingly "thrilling". Ride tickets can be purchased singly or as a wristband or all day riding. The log flume is also a favorite. Lego Land is adjacent to the park and kids can play with and buy Legos. There are large lego creations of dinosaurs and people and rockets and other things. It costs about $5 per adult ride.

Three floors of shops ring the park and a partial fourth floor has a movie theater and some restaurants. Movies are $5 Monday thru Thursday all day. The rotunda on first floor often hold special events such as book signings, mini concerts and kids' activities. Underwater Adventures Aquarium below the mall is a big aquarium with sharks and fish. The new American Girl store with Bistro is a big hit among young girls (and parents). The mall has four anchor stores in the corners and two parking garages on either side of the mall.

Mall of America, or MOA, is the most visited mall in the world with over 40 million visitors a year. The mall sits on the former site of the Met Stadium where the Twins (baseball) played. A plaque on the floor shows the location of homeplate (on the western side) and a seat is mounted in the exact location (including elevation) where a 520ft homerun hit by Harmon Killebrew landed, near the log flume.

One word of advice - avoid the mall on a rainy Saturday and on weekends before Christmas. These are the busiest times for shopping and it gets very crowded.
Nickelodean Universe from Rotunda …
Nickelodean Universe from AMC area
log flume and rollercoaster at Nic…
Lego Land from AMC area
WalterC says:
I forgot about the seat of the 520ft home run.
Posted on: Aug 04, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Mall of America

Mall of America, 2010
So, I was going to make a whole blog about this trip, but I figured it fit better here since it was just a weekend trip. On Saturday morning, bright and early, which we all know I'm so good at, we h… So, I was going to make a whole blog about this trip, but I figured it fit better here since…
Mall of America
I'd been in touch with Irene (irenchen) for about a week and we arranged for me to pick her up at her youth hostel in Minneapolis.  The hostel was a cute brick building that looked like any of t… I'd been in touch with Irene (irenchen) for about a week and we arranged for me to pick her…
Mall of America and Tony Roma's
Tonight was another mini-meetup of sorts in preparation for the BIG Minnesota Meetup on August 8-11. The attendees included alyssa_ob, pinchora, moon_over_michael and me. Our original plan was to mee… Tonight was another mini-meetup of sorts in preparation for the BIG Minnesota Meetup on August 8-11. The attendees…

Check Bloomington Hotel Deals