Malioboro Inn

Check Yogyakarta Hotel Deals

Malioboro Inn Yogyakarta Reviews

shasya shasya
Respectable Inn Malioboro Apr 24, 2009
During my several trips to Yogyakarta (Yogya) I had the pleasure of staying at different hotels/inns of varying standard.

Malioboro Inn is tucked in Jl. Sosrowijayan and its only a couple of minutes walk to Malioboro Street, so its quiet and cosy and yet accessible to the 'happenings' in Yogya, i.e. batik shops and 'lesehans' (makeshift warungs on the street side, where patrons sit on mats).

This is a popular inn for local Indonesian MICE visitors and therefore it can get busy at times. I stayed at one of the family room, which is situated on the ground floor (right at the front, close to reception area), surprisingly I was spared from the crowd and noise.

We had initially booked 2 nights at this hotel but I contemplated staying at Rumah Mertua Boutique Hotel (RMBH) on my second day at Yogya, however, it was too much of a hassle to move and moreover, RMBH was a tad bit far out.

I did not reconfirm my second night at Marlioboro (they expect payment upfront for the second night which I didn't give at that point in time as I was still undecided). Neverthelesss, they still kept my room vacant after my trip to Borobudur (it may also be because there weren't any takers haha)

On a side note, I do not recommend the tour service there as it was expensive for the LACK of service offered and the driver allocated to us was an extremely shady character.

Also, please do not leave your valuables and cash unattended in your room.

The amenities were pretty basic, towels and simple soap and shampoo toiletries. Beds were comfy and sheets were crisp and clean, which is important. Shower facilities was ok. Because the weather was 'scorching' during my time in Yogya, I only ever had cold showers so I am not sure whether they provided hot water. For all its basic stuff we were pleasantly suprised to be presented with cute blue foam slippers with the Malioboro Inn print. I can't remember why we were so tickled by it, its good we still had a sense of humour after 8 hours with a horrendous driver.

There is a small swimming pool which looks more like a "communal bathing area". Didn't look appealing to me so I didn't use it.

Breakfast was very simple: the standard bread, butter & jam and the ubiquitous 'gudeg' and rice. If you are like me and can't start the day without a sunny side up or a soft boiled egg, its upon request only, and staff move at a glacial pace so you have been warned haha.

For a budget stay in Yogya and should you wish to avoid the more seedier B&Bs, I would recommend Malioboro Inn simply because of its excellent location.
The Marlioboro Inn.
Side road leading to Marlioboro In…
Cafe at the front of Marlioboro In…
The iconic becak (trishaw).
shasya says:
Thanks Eric for your kind comment, really appreciate it! :)
Posted on: Sep 17, 2010
Eric says:
Great hotel review. Thanks for sharing with everyone! :)
Posted on: Sep 16, 2010

Malioboro Inn Overview

With its central location, Malioboro Inn Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Yogyakarta. This 2-star hotel offers 50 comfortable guestrooms with a range of in-room facilities suitable for the modern traveler. Each of the hotel's guestrooms offers air conditioning, internet access (wireless), television, shower, balcony/terrace, satellite/cable TV, complimentary bottled water. Services and amenities available for guests at this Yogyakarta accommodation consist of 24hr room service, coffee shop, meeting facilities, restaurant, room service, WiFi , car park, family room. For guests to unwind, the hotel offers a variety of facilities and services including outdoor pool. The hotel creates a balance of rich culture and modern convinience to ensure you a memorable stay. To make your reservation at the Malioboro Inn Hotel via our secure online booking form, please submit your visit dates.

Malioboro Inn Amenities

• Coffee / Tea Maker
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower