Malinamphu Hotel

Malinamphu Hotel Rates and Deals

Malinamphu Hotel Vientiane Reviews

Cho Cho
Hotel in downtown Vientiane, Laos Apr 24, 2013
We stayed at this hotel for two nights in October 2009. It is practically in the city center and within walking distance of banks, government offices, good restaurants, a couple of grocery stores and the Mekong river.

I think we paid US$33 a night for an air conditioned double room with attached bathroom which was quite comfortable and included breakfast. Our room was on the second floor, and we could see the lovely courtyard below where breakfast is served. It was a joy to have breakfast there in the mornings among the plants and trees. There is also cable TV in the rooms with multiple channels.

We didn't reserve the room in advance and just walked in. I think if you book ahead online you will probably get better rates.

There is a small restaurant just opposite the hotel where you can have snacks and drinks at reasonable prices. It is a good place to watch people walking along the street while having a leisurely cold beer or munching on a hamburger.

Besides Penang in Malaysia, Vientiane is one of my favorite Asian cities, and if we ever make it back there again I would stay at this hotel again.
Entrance to the hotel
Courtyard of the hotel
Room of Mali Namphu hotel
View of courtyard from the terrace
Cho says:
@nolan, Yes, breakfast in the courtyard was a delight!

@gingerbatik, I'm sure you will find a lot of changes there from 20 years ago. I liked it because it is so different from other big SE Asian cities. It had more of a laid backed atmosphere similar to Yangon
Posted on: Apr 25, 2013
gingerbatik says:
Yes, going to Laos again:) my last visit was more than 20 years ago - probably change a lot now since I don't remember what I see as a kid.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2013
nolan says:
I think the most interesting part was breakfast at the nice courtyard.
Posted on: Apr 24, 2013

Malinamphu Hotel Overview

The Malinamphu Hotel is located in Vientiane making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. All 40 rooms at the hotel have all the modern facilities guests' would expect from a hotel of this class. Each guestroom has air conditioning, daily newspaper, inhouse movies, internet access (wireless), internet access, television, shower, balcony/terrace. Hotel facilities offered at this Vientiane accommodation include 24hr room service, coffee shop, laundry service/dry cleaning, room service, safety deposit boxes. To unwind, guests can enjoy the leisure facilities provided on the hotel's property, including garden. Being one of the good quality hotels in Vientiane, guests staying at this hotel will find its convenient location and tranquil atmosphere pleasurable. For your reservation at the Malinamphu Hotel Vientiane, please select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

Malinamphu Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower