Malin Head Hostel

Check Malin Head Hotel Deals

Malin Head Hostel Reviews

Eric Eric
Comfy, remote hostel with a beautiful view Sep 26, 2007
Malin Head is the northernmost point of Ireland. It's a small town, with only a few scattered buildings, and this is one of the few (if not only) places to stay.

The owner of this hostel is incredibly welcoming. When you arrive, he'll likely greet you with a warm cup of tea and cookies. You'll be able to sit down and relax while enjoying a spectacular view of the ocean.

The hostel also rents out bikes at a reasonable price. My friend and I didn't have windbreakers, but the owners of the hostel lent us some to use while we rode around on our bikes.

The beds and accommodations are typical of what you'd find in any hostel. They are clean, sparse, and functional. I believe there are only 2-3 dorm rooms in the entire hostel (1 mixed, one for females), so you'll likely be sharing the space with a few other people.

There isn't much to do in Malin Head other than hike, bike, and enjoy the scenery; but if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, I'd definitely recommend checking this place out.
View from the hostel dorm room.
Eric says:
There is a pub (I think the northernmost in Ireland) a few miles away. Not many people there, but they have beer and sports on TV :P I think it was called "Farren's" or something similar.
Posted on: Dec 03, 2009