Malibu Surf Shack

22935 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA, USA
Malibu Surf Shack - Ready for my kayak adventure!
Malibu Surf Shack - Malibu Pier
Malibu Surf Shack - Excited to be alive!
Malibu Surf Shack - Excited to be alive!
Malibu Surf Shack - Perfect day for Kayaking!

Malibu Surf Shack Reviews

daniel_jetsetter daniel_j…
Kayaking on a Budget Aug 18, 2011
To take advantage of California's warm summer days, I headed for the place I knew would never let me down. The beach! My next adventure, kayaking. The first time I went kayaking was in La Jolla, Ca located 30 minutes away from downtown San Diego. There are many great locations along the west coast to enjoy kayaking, beginning from the southern tip of San Diego, and heading north up the coast. I decided to try kayaking at a different location than my last trip. I went online and researched companies offering kayaking rentals for single and tandem riders. My search leads me to the Malibu Surf Shack located directly across the street from Malibu Pier. Many a days friends and I would leave for the beach directly after work and shack up at a popular surfer spot directly next to pier. We’d spend the night drinking, telling stories, and watching lights flicker from the many residences and business along the coast on clear summer nights.

With the help of Yelp I found the Malibu Surf Shack, a small local business that rents kayaks and surfboards for nominal prices located directly across from the pier. For $50 ($25 per person) a friend and I rented a tandem kayak for an entire day! The weather warm, waters calm and perfect for kayaking.

For More reviews:
Malibu Pier
Ready for my kayak adventure!
Excited to be alive!
sarahsan says:
Nice review Daniel! Great info!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2011