Maldaner's

217.522.4313

Maldaner's Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Overrated Aug 17, 2010
Maldaner's is supposed to be one of the nicest places to eat in Springfield. But, it certainly did not live up to its reputation.

I ate here for lunch with a group of co-workers. We had made reservations for one o'clock. When we arrived early, we weren't able to be seated, which wasn't a big deal. BUT, then it took until 1:15 for our tables to be ready.

The lunch menu consists of soups, sandwiches, and salads. They also have a pasta of the day and a pizza of the day. Most of the menu offerings I thought were overpriced. For example, my teriyaki chicken salad was $8.50. The salad consisted of dark greens, teriyaki marinated grilled chicken, mango relish and cashews. It was okay, but nothing I would hurry back for. Especially since there was a ladybug in the greens, which signaled to me they hadn't been washed. Since we were being treated to lunch, many of us splurged on dessert. I opted for the homemade lemon sherbet, billed as a 120-year old tradition, with a raspberry sauce. It was nice and refreshing. An absolutely decadent dessert was the Queen of Sheba, a French, flourless chocolate cake filled with a chocolate ganache, drizzled with chocolate and raspberry sauce.

Maldaner's has been open since 1884, located on 6th Street.

Check Springfield Hotel Deals