Malaysia Kopi Tiam

Malaysia Kopi Tiam - Fish Head Soup

Malaysia Kopi Tiam London Reviews

tajana_luna tajana_l…
Affordable taste of Malaysia in London Jul 12, 2009
Continuing this blog with my restaurant reviews, next on the list of the cuisines I tried was a Malaysian one. My girlfriend and I spent the whole day outing in Brighton and obviously reaching back London our tummies were craving for some yummie food.

Same as with Thai cuisine, I’ve never tried Malaysian food, so this was a great opportunity to try something out, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the dishes reminded me of some Croatian food just different flavours, all in all it was a very tasty food.

The restaurant’s name is Kopi Tiam and is located just on the outskirts of Chinatown, on Charing Cross Road. From what I understand they serve both Malaysian and Thai food, but we had only Malaysian this time. As for the food we ordered, there were a lot of dishes which we shared mostly so I could try out different tastes and textures of Malay food. For the starter we ordered Chicken Satay, which, like I mentioned above, reminded me a lot of a similar dish we have in Croatia, it is like a roasted chicken on a wooden stick, but this Malaysian version was deep fried and served with some delicious peanut sauce to dip in.

Next of the starters was a Carrot Cake (I think) which hmm....well, personally I didn’t find it very tasty. I know it is somewhat of a specialty and it looked very nice, smelled good, but the texture of that dish just didn’t fit with me. But I liked bean sprouts, though :D and I looooved the green veggie dish, just boiled and with a bit of oil and garlic...yummie!

As a main dish my girlfriend had some fish soup (I think) and me fried noodles with chicken and prawns which I loved and would gladly eat again. As a drink I was recommended a Lychee refreshment and may I just say here it was so nice that afterwards I went to buy a can of lychee compote so I can make this drink at home.

Overall impression and opinion, I am definitely recommending this place for the folks who like Asian food and happen to be near Charing Cross Road in London.
Malaysia Kopi Tiam
Chicken Satay with Peanut (yummie)…
Fish Head Soup