Malaysia International Gourmet Festival Kuala Lumpur Reviews
Malaysia International Gourmet Festival 1-30 Oct 2010 Sep 21, 2010
The last time I attended the Gala launch for MIGF (Malaysia International Gourmet Festival) was in 2006 when I was still in the industry. I remembered that day I stood in my client’s pastry kitchen where our brand ambassador an invited “Meilleurs Ouvriers de France” Chef was training the staff at the hotel on sugar works. The completed sugar works was then use as a display at the restaurant’s booth for the Gala that night.
The MIGF is a yearly event and the Gala preview is by Invitation only. This year, a friend of mine received the invitation and invited me to go along. I am an epicurean who could not say no to gourmet food. :-) It was held at Sunway Convention Centre yesterday 21st September 2010.
The Gala launch guest list includes the who’s who in the Malaysian society as well as foreign dignitaries and people from the industry. This year’s theme is Magical Chefs commemorating the 10th years of MIGF. During the launch, participating restaurants will have booths in the grand ballroom with bite size portion/ canapés where guests could sample their fares.
The MIGF is a showcase of Chefs from participating fine dining restaurants in the country. Starting from 1st -30th October, participating “festival” restaurants along with their Chefs will showcase their skills and special menus at special prices during the duration of the festival. There will also be various workshops like Master Chef Cooking Classes, etc, as well as gourmet packages that are tie in with participating hotels. There are 30 participating outlets and they are:
1. Al-Amar @ Pavilion Kuala Lumpur (Lebanese)
2. Bunga Emas @ The Royale Chulan Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Malay Nouvelle)
3. Celadon @ Pavilion Kuala Lumpur (Fine Thai)
4. Chalet @ Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur (Swiss)
5. China Treasures @ Sime Darby Convention Centre Kuala Lumpur (Chinese – Halal)
6. Chynna @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur (Modern Cantonese – Pork Free)
7. Dynasty @ Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Cantonese – Non Halal)
8. Fu-Rin@ Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie (Japanese – Pork Free)
9. High-Tide @ Menara Taipan Kuala Lumpur (European – Fish & Seafood, Pok Free)
10. Iketeru @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur (Authentic Japanese – Pork Free)
11. Lafite @ Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur (European)
12. Lai Po Heen @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel (Classic Cantonese – Pork Free)
13. L’Heritage Emas @ The Royale Chulan Hotel Kuala Lumpur (French – Pork Free)
14. Makan Kitchen @ Doubletree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian0
15. Mandarin Grill @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel (Contemporary Modern Grill – Pork Free)
16. MED @ Marche-Live @ Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Italian – Pork Free)
17. NEO Tamarind @ Jalan Sultan Ismail Kuala Lumpur (Modern Thai – Pork Free)
18. Nerovivo @ Jalan Ceylon (Italian – Pork Free)
19. Sagano @ Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Japanese – Pork Free)
20. Seasonal Tastes @ The Westin Resort & Spa Langkawi (International)
21. Senses @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur (Modern Australian – Pork Free)
22. Shang Palace @ Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Cantonese)
23. Tamarind Springs @ Jalan 1, Taman TAR, Kuala Lumpur ( Indochinese Pork Free)
24. The Olive @ Genting Highlands Resort, Pahang (Continental – Pork Free)
25. The Pomelo @ The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat Ipoh, Perak (Spa - Pork Free)
26. The Restaurant @ The Club at The Saujana, Selangor (Modern European)
27. Vansh @ Starhill Gallery Kuala Lumpur (Indian – Pork Free)
28. Villa Danieli @ Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Italian – Pork Free)
29. Zing @ Grand Millennium Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Chinese – Non Halal)
30. Zipangu @ Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Japanese – Pork Free)
It seems like my favorite Cilantro @ MiCasa Hotel & Suites Kuala Lumpur and a few others did not participate for the MIGF. Out of the 30 participating restaurants, I have only been to 10; guess there’s a long way for me to go!
5 / 5 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!