Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines - Personal entertainment system

Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Napsju Napsju
Very expensive, not all that good Apr 21, 2012
Flew from Amsterdam via Kuala Lumpur to Bali and Singapore vv several times. Also Singapore via Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. The quality and especially the value for money of the airline is drastically going down. They even sent me an email with their latest and very best 'offers' last week. Amsterdam - KL for 849 euro return!! One must be completely crazy and desperate to go to KL via Malaysia Airlines to pay this ridiculous price. They should seriously do something about their pricing, especially when their competitors provide the same route for approx. 500 euro return. 450 euro AMS-KUL-SIN vv was probably the last great deal Malaysia Airlines could offer the public back in 2009. When I took this deal, their very old B737 didn't want to take off at KL and had to interrupt its attempt. After going one big round it managed to take off. Scary! Upon arrival in Singapore it turned out to be that they lost my luggage. A few hours later they delivered my luggage in Singapore.

I will never forget AirAsia Paris-KL for 188 euro return, incl. baggage and the best plane food i've ever eaten on both directions! Malaysia Airlines has a lot to learn when it comes to value.
Airportman Airportm…
Very good asian airline May 30, 2011
This was my first time flying with Malaysia Airlines and I really enjoyed this airline. I had bought return ticket Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur, with a return from Kota Kinabalu.

As with Cathay Pacific, the leg room on this asian arline company is great. With the dutch airline KLM, I don't have much leg room, unless I buy a seat with leg room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The entertainment system was very good too. My seat had a small tv screen in the back of the headrest in front of me. I could watch various movies, tv-series, select my various styles of music or listen to radiostations. Also play games.

As for the food... I'm not to keen about airline food, as it generally is the same and tastes the same. That's my opinion. But what they offered was good. They also served plenty of drinks in between the meals and it was no problem getting more when asking a crew member.

I would certainly fly with Malaysia Airlines a next time as it was safe, quicky, reliable and had a great service.
A Boeing 747-400 of Malaysia Airli…
Information screen in the cabin
Personal entertainment system
nimic says:
nice! but Malaysian Airlines are too expensive for students like me
LOL >_
Posted on: Jun 18, 2011
sarahsan says:
I agree, I like them too! I received very good service on the flight to Kuala Lumpur!
Posted on: Jun 16, 2011
stefan88 stefan88
Great airline with a very good service Sep 22, 2010
As this was my first flight ever I had no experience with any airline yet.

I bought a flight from Frankfurt to Singapore (with stopover in Kuala Lumpur) and return from Kuala Lumpur to Frankfurt.

The service personal was very friendly and obliging. Starting at the terminal in Frankfurt the woman waiting at the check-in answered all my questions about checking through my luggage and what to do next ;)

The personal in the plane was also very friendly, asking for drinks quite often and helping everyone.

The plane had a nice entertainment system (including the latest cinema blockbusters, some games, music) so the 11 hours passed of quickly.

I definetly recommend this airline and will fly again when ever possible.
nimic says:
I kinda hate their meals though =P
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011
chantelleindia chantell…
Move over Matheran, Mahabaleshwar, Travel to Malaysia in just Rs. 3467! Jul 13, 2010
Yes you heard right.You can now head for your next weekend getaway to Malaysia at extremely economical rates. You will be glad to know that now you would not have to invest or plan a travel to Malaysia. All you need is to just shell out a couple of thousands for your stay. With Air Asia India at its best service you are assured of a pleasant journey at just Rs. 3467.

Now gone were the days when i'd ideally think of a Matheran or Mahabaleshwar to unwind on a weekend. Malaysia is truly the new M on the block with its extremely attractive rates. Unwind on the sandy white beaches, and escape into the sea and enjoy scuba diving in Malaysia. What a perfect way to let your hair down on a weekend! So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and grab your tickets as soon as possible before August 21 to enjoy a weekend at your rate. i just did and know that you will too.
bradleyc123 bradleyc…
Overall, quite a good airline.... Dec 22, 2008
As this was my first time flying i needed a reputable airline, who was also low cost. This meant Emirates, Qantas and Singapore were out of my price range so i opted with Malaysia Airlines.

Its also good because as an Aussie theyre partnered with VirginBlue airlines, meaning i accrued Frequent Flyer Miles.

The planes were the 747-400 series, and were very nice. The price was ok, not fantastic but it was enough to steer us to fly with them.

The meals were nice, nothing fantastic but alot better than any other airline food i had. Seating was good, although on the KL to LHR 12 hour leg, it got a bit cramped.

We flew from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur, which i think is where all Malaysia flights stop over,. KL airport is great, New, Clean, not alot to do though, there is a nice lounge to get massages in.

The Malaysia staff were friendly as a hole, however on some occasions they were a little blunt, and didnt speak much english.

All in all i would fly with them again, but this is more based on pricing and frequent flyer miles as before.
Cheers bar in Kuala Lumpur
pms70 pms70
Affordable Asian airline with comfort and great service Oct 30, 2003
I have flown with Malaysia Airlines several times between Brisbane-Kuala Lumpur-Amsterdam. The reason this airline was chosen was because it is one of the cheapest around for these trips, and they offered more than most other airlines on these routes.

Whenever a stopover is over a certain amount of hours free transfers and accommodation are offered, and once a free 3-day stay in Kuala Lumpur was offered with the ticket, which was a very nice break in between such long flights.

The planes are all modern with state of the art entertainment systems. The food is nice with Asian or Western options and dietary options are good too. The cabins are comfortable and clean and the staff is friendly and always helpful. While travelling with children the staff (when it was not too busy) served the children's food first and then looked after the children while we ate which was very nice. They also had gift packs for children to keep them entertained. Snacks and drinks were always readily available too.

I have never had problems with flights being delayed or luggage getting lost, and the airport at Kuala Lumpur is also one of the best I have ever travelled through so I would definitely recommend this airline!
pms70 says:
The only one I've flown with out of those is Eva, and I agree it is very good as well. I actually flew Evergreen Deluxe Class, Business Class seats with Economy Class service. Definitely worth the extra money if you have it!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2008
Biedjee says:
Asian airlines are generally good. Eva, China Airlines, Cathay Pacific and of course the unbeatable Singapore Airlines - all miles better than the awful service we have to put up with in Europe!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Malaysia Airlines

Memorandum for Bali Vacation
I will have the vacation in Bali, Indonesia with my husband.  from 20th Oct. to 26th Oct. Just add the entry for my booking and route memorandum.   First, book the flight tickets. (That'…Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia .) ( Malaysia airline) Shanghai - Pu Dong To: Kuala Lumpur International Airport  Flight…
short stop in Malaysia
At 7 am I arrived in Kuala Lumpur!   So where are the koala’s? (not my joke) For just a short while I took the train and metro to spend an hour in Malaysia’s capital. My first impression …Malaysia Airlines in Kuala Lumpur.   Off course I took pictures of the Petronas Towers and the KL Tower , but unfortunately…
Flight to Kuala Lumpur
We flew from Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines today. This was the first time to fly with Reagan so we had no idea what to expect. We had booked a bassinet for her so she could sleep in…Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines today. This was the first time to fly with Reagan so we had no idea…

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals