Malaria Prophylaxis

Malaria Prophylaxis Adana Reviews

sabahmh sabahmh
Malaria Prophylaxis , part one . Mar 05, 2013
Hi every one ...

I see it is very important for every one to protect himself against this deadly disease while you are travelling .

step one .

You must know ,if the country you are moving to ,is endemic with malaria or not,this is simply done by browsing the net or go directly to

Step two

Protection against the insect bits and this is very important and could be done by using ,mosquito nets impregnated with Permethrin ,this provide the most effective protection against insects ,vaporised insecticides are also useful ,insects replants lotions can be effective when applied to the exposed skin ,using long sleeves,and trousers also provide some protection ,it also important to leave rural areas,if they are endemic with malaria mosquito , before sunset .

Due to good comments of my friend Brian

who told me to explain meaning of Hepatotoxicity ,I w`d like to say that it means damage to liver cells which cannot be treated later ,and this will lead to bad functioning of the liver .
flickrdonps says:
I took Malarone when I went to Kenya and Tanzania, its a little bit pricey though but at least it will lessen your travel worries now that your protected. No side effect for me. Lots of mosquito in Africa especially since I was on a camping safari.
Posted on: Apr 06, 2013
spocklogic says:
I remember my friends bought one of the impregnated Mosquito nets, see ( and I thought the package was funny because the English implied it was impregnated with Mosquito's - ha ha! I didn't know the chemical though and the package didn't say. Thanks for sharing and now it all makes sense.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2013
sabahmh sabahmh
Malaria Prophylaxis ...Part Two Dec 10, 2012
Therapeutics Prophylaxis of Malaria disease .

Which drug is best for malaria prophylaxis ?

It is very important to know the best drug to be used in this matter ,generally speaking and in my personal opinion I think Doxycycline is the best drug to be used because of its little side effects ,and I will give few details about the most common drugs for malaria .

Doxycycline can be used for prophylaxis purposes for up to two years ,it is used one week before entering the endemic area and continued for four weeks ,it is less hepatotoxic than other drugs ,but you should avoid direct sunlight while using it ,you must take one capsule or 100mg daily for prophylaxis .

Malarone ;

It is a mixture of 2 drugs (Proguanil and Atovaquone ),more hepatotoxicity ,may cause gall bladder stones ,it should be taken 2 days before entering endemic area and continued for only one week after leaving and this is a good advantage of this drug ,take one tablet daily .

Chloroquine ;

This drug cause bad side effects and it cause some damage to bone marrow and ay cause epilepsy and hepato- toxicity .

Mefloquine ;

Also this not good drug for malaria prophylaxis since it may cause bad effects on heart and bone marrow .
sabahmh says:
Thanks Brian for your comments ,and hope I explaine what you have ask me well,great pleasure .
Posted on: Mar 05, 2013
spocklogic says:
Might want to mention what hepatoxic means so people don't have to look it up (I had to - destructive to the liver, yes?). Also, I understand Mefloquine has strange side effects include anxiety, nightmares, depression, and maybe psychotic episodes. Some friends of mine reported bad nightmares with it.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2013