Java, Indonesia
Malang - National Park Batu

Malang Java Reviews

paulca paulca
Real Indonesia : Malang (new update) Aug 15, 2010
Following the suggestion of a friend,at the begin of August 2010 my wife and i went on holiday to Malang,after flying to Surabaya and getting a shuttle car from the airport to Malang(less than 2 hrs journey). We checked in at the Graha Cakra Hotel ( Jl Cerme 16),very nice and traditional old Java style,and being visiting Malang town for 4 days,really enjoying our stay.

Malang is a quite colonial town with fresh weater,surrounded by mountains,with friendly people and very few foreigners. We have enjoyed lunch and dinners in traditional restaurants,like Padi Resto ( Jl Pahlawan Trip 19) and Hotel Tugu ( Jl Tugu 3) ,amazing place but more expensive menu; traditional(and real!) java dances at Taman Rekreasi Senaputra ( Jl Brawijaya) and at the art center Pandepokan Seni Mangun Dharma ( Tumpang); great foot massage with spa treatments at Fabulous Foot Spa (Jl Kawi Atas 43),excellent foot and arms massage,ambience and fresh juices; MOG shopping mall ( Jl Kawi Atas),not bad.

Trying to keep my wife away from Fabulous spa(i actually like it too!) and the malls(we have different opinions!), we also had a full day trip with driver to Batu,in the mountains,visiting apple plantations at Agrowisata,National Park and waterfalls where i had a very refreshing dip!

There is a lot more to do in the area, including Mt Bromo, trekking,exploring traditional villages etc....and we will be back soon!
View of Batu town from the hills
National Park Batu
Fabulous Foot Spa Malang
Fresh meat market outside Malang

Related Travel Blogs About Malang

Malang, East Java
Malang is small town about 45 miles south of Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia. Malang is known for ancient Hindu temples, beautiful mountain ranges, and Malang apples and flowers. Malang has apple plan…Malang is small town about 45 miles south of Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia. Malang is known for ancient Hindu temples…
Selamat Datang - Welcome to Indonesia
Where should we spend our honeymoon? My wife and I had gone over this topic several times. Six months before our wedding took place  we remembered an invitation we had received a year ago: "Co…Malang (Java) in those days. Why not? We had never been to Asia before. Should be exciting. Let's go! Some…
Finding a Balanced State
Selamat Pagi Semuanya, So this will very likely be my last entry before I return home.  The day ahead will surely be a hectic one as I am determined to make up for lost time trying to heal my a…Java (Malang) is 90% Muslim, throw in the remainder mix of Christian and Buddhist and this would normally be a melting…

Check Java Hotel Deals