Malaga Tapas And Bar

440 West 2nd Street, Austin, TX, USA

Malaga Tapas And Bar Austin Reviews

lonlee2 lonlee2
Great Food and Wine Pairings Mar 27, 2009
Malaga's has been my favorite place to meet friends for years now. Although a little on the pricey-side during the evening, happy hour is a must from 5pm-7pm! You can choose between 6-7 great appetizers and pair them with 6 listed choices of red or white wines for $8.00. We usually order two or three things depending on our group size and share. Just order before 7pm and they'll bring you your paired wine as you need it. The food is Spanish tapas. Small servings of tasty fare. Owner/Chef Alex, usually strolls out every evening to speak with guests and the wait/bar staff is excellent. I have NEVER had an off meal or service there. They even have wine and cooking classes where they teach you how to pair complimentary wines with food. My favorites here are the Calamares Rebozados (Fried Calamari), Pincho Maruno (Marinated grilled pork), Gambas al Ajillo (Grilled garlic and olive oil shrimp)and the Viuras Serranos(Grilled Scallops and Spanish Serrano ham). I usually pair these with the Malbec. It's fantastic. Definately worth your while!
It's all in the presentation.
The new location.
yadilitta says:
I have to remember it for my next visit to Austin, haha.
Posted on: Mar 27, 2009
danny291 says:
is it called Malaga because like the place in Spain its full of British holidaymakers! haha!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2008