Makunudu Island Resort

Makunudu Island Resort Rates and Deals

Makunudu Island Resort North Malé Atoll Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
Affordable getaway all inclusive island May 17, 2011
I stayed in Makunudu in the August with a friend, it is the low season in the Maldives. We got a great offer from another friend to stay in this all inclusive resort. You wont believe we got it for 50 USD ++ a night with full board meals. It was great. I needed it to relax.

When we arrived it was almost midnight, after the long line at the airport immigration, we got on to a speedboat which took about 45 mins, the ride felt forever - it was a long way. So, with all our excitement that night, we just have to sleep and dream about our activities the next day. When we got to the villa, it was something that we did not expect. Well, what would you expect of a 50USD ++ and full board? It was a very nice room and with huge space. We the bed was huge we can play tennis on it! I love big beds! What caught my attention was it was kept very clean. It was like a studio, there was a bed and a small area for a living room with couch and sofas to have coffee on. We had a kettle and complimentary coffee and tea ameneties. In front of the bed was a passage and then a door to the right. The bathroom was outside of the villa but has privacy walls. The shower was great, it was outside and it feels like showering under the rain. They also supply soap, shampoo and body lotion and it's all herbal. No chemicals. I was loving it.

I was thinking that I could stay in the bathroom all day. The only thing that I was looking for was a TV, there was not a single TV in the villas. The only TV there is available was at the sports bar! ahahaha...Anyway, at the thought of it now, I was somehow thankful we didn't have one as I could have missed out the sunrise and sunset and all the other things outside.

The following day, we were awake very early, it was unusual but we did. I guess it was excitement as well as curiousity. We walked around the whole island and it took us 20-30 mins. It was very small. After that we took breakfast in their restaurant, by the way, they only have one and a bar next to it, the only one on the island too. The buffet was great, fresh food, fresh fruits and fresh juices. We can't believe it! We were wishing we could have booked a week coz we can afford it! Anyway, the waiter was very attentive and used our names politely. As there was only one restaurant, he was our waiter the rest of our stay. We felt very at home and we didn't want to leave. The beach was great, there were little black tip sharks swimming with us when we were snorkelling. We were trying to catch them at knee depth but they swam very fast. We saw some stingrays as well and a lot of other fishes. It was an amazing experience. When we were walking around the island we noticed that there were names etched on stones and signs everywhere on the island. So, we asked one of the staff who was tending the garden what the names represents, and he told us, most of them got married on the island and put up their names on the stones and some wood pinned on the tree. I think it's something! We played ping pong, we did some wake board and we attempted to scuba dive but we enjoyed laying on the beach and sipping cocktails more over scuba diving. The internet was available only at reception and we had to take turns coz they only had one computer. But I am glad it was the way it was, otherwise I'd be online most times and missed out my vacation.

I wish that we stayed for more days. I would love to go back there one day, and I have been telling friends to go there too. I will always recommend this little paradise to anyone, it's worth going.
Amrisalem says:
seems like a wonderful place, waiting for the photos :)
Posted on: May 17, 2011
ebbin ebbin
Affordable and exotic island resort of Maldives Feb 09, 2010
It was an unexpected gift for us to be in Makunudu. As our responsibilities were almost coming to an end in Maldives, our friends planned a surprise tour to the island. We were 7 adults and 2 kids. Everything of this trip I have enjoyed starting from the speed boat journey. The island and the resort are worth to their price. I mean the island itself is the resort.

Location: North Male' Atoll

Distance from Male': 55 minutes by speed boat

Service Quality: Pleasing

Rooms and bungalows: Good

Food & Drinks: 24 hours; Good

Any thing to know more about the hotel please visit:

What to do: Swimming, snorkeling, relaxing, romancing, barefoot walking, and some sand games.

NOTE: Beware of Stingrays
Front beach of makunudu island res…
Beach near to the restaurant of ma…
Behind cottages
As gentle waves kiss the shore

Makunudu Island Resort Overview

The Makunudu Island Resort is located in Maldives making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. All 36 rooms at the hotel are well-appointed with necessary amenities to ensure that each guest's satisfaction. Room amenities include desk, coffee/tea maker, air conditioning. This Maldives accommodation contains all of the facilities and conveniences you would expect from a hotel in its class. For guests to unwind, the hotel offers a variety of facilities and services including spa, private beach. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. To book a room easily at the Makunudu Island Resort, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Makunudu Island Resort Amenities