Maktub Hostal

Check Granada Hotel Deals

Maktub Hostal Granada Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Place with it's own unique character Mar 21, 2013
The last stop on my journey. Two nights before heading back home. The hostel is located in the old part of the city between very narrow cobblestone streets. Very close location to all main city attractions and local tapas bars.

Yet again, the hostel is difficult to find if you are driving (due to it's amazing location). This time I had to result to help from the Police to show me where it was. Otherwise I would have ended driving around in circles for hours.

For the last time, the reception staff had to show me where I could park for free. We jumped in, and after driving through extremely narrow cobblestone streets, we got to the car park. It only took us about 5 minutes to walk back so I can check in and relax.

I booked 4-bed dorm for this stay. The room had 2 bunk beds with bed linen provided. It had fabulously painted walls with African theme.

The bathroom was shared and was equipped with a shower.

Breakfast area, kitchen and reception are located in the same room which makes it easy to interact with hostel staff at all times.

I was pleasantly surprised in the morning to find out that the hostel bakes its own bread (made by reception staff) which is served warm during breakfast :) And it was absolutely delicious with some butter and jam. Simple and tasty.

As the hostel is located in a very old building, it could do with a little upgrade. Though, this is only a minor disadvantage which is easily overlooked.

Free wi-fi works perfectly in all areas of the hostel and even outside close by.

I paid the total of €36.30 for 2-night stay with breakfast which is considered cheap in Granada.

I had great time in the hostel and would definitely recommend visit there if you are traveling to Granada :)
Entrance