Making the most of Public Transport in Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Making the most of Public Transport in Sydney Reviews

JH_1979 JH_1979
2 reviews or CALL Mar 10, 2011
Use busses and public transport its easy to use if you log into and plan your trip.. you just enter any to and from address and your whole journey is mapped out... its also a good way to familiarise yourself with the city.
Sunflower300 Sunflowe…
Making the most of Public Transport in Sydney Jul 02, 2010
A great way to get around Sydney for a day is to buy a ‘Day Tripper’ ticket. At a cost of AUD16 ($8 for children, and a family fare deal is also available) the Day Tripper doesn’t only include unlimited rides on Sydney buses, trains and ferries, but it also includes discounts into some of Sydney top attractions. All you have to do is show your valid and dated (for that day) DayTripper ticket to receive your discount. An additional access fee is required for Green Square, Mascot, Domestic and International stations.

The discounted attractions include:

- National Maritime Museum (my dad’s favourite) - 20% off general admission

- Ocean World Manly - 20% off general admission

- Pewerhouse Museum - 20% off general admission

- Sydney Aquarium -15% off Adult and Child tickets

- Sydney Olympic Park (Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi) and Telstra Stadium - 20% off the Listen Live self-guided tour

20% off the Telstra Stadium Behind the Scenes tour

- Sydney Opera House - 20% discount on The Essential Tour (adult price only). Subject to availability. Not valid with any other offer.

- Sydney Sky Walk - 15% off Adult and Child tickets

- Sydney Tower and OzTrek - 15% off Adult and Child tickets

- Sydney Wildlife World - 15% off Adult and Child tickets

- Taronga Zoo - 15% off Adult and Child tickets

- The Australian Museum - Buy 1 get 1 free admission

Tickets for the Day Tripper are available on board Sydney Buses and Ferries, at the Sydney Buses TransitShops and at the Sydney Ferries ticket offices at Circular Quay and Manly. You can pre-purchase tickets from TransitShops and they are valid from the time of first use, tickets purchased onboard buses and from CityRail station and Sydney Ferries are valid from the time of purchase.

On our day in Sydney, Robyn and I caught a bus from Robyn’s home to the train station (normally $3.00 one-way), then a train to Circular Quay ($6.80 for a return tkt), a ferry from the Quay to Darling Harbour (one-way $5.20), the train back from the city and a bus back to Robyn’s. I only saved myself $2.00 but I saved myself the hassle of having to buy a ticket for each ride and I would have saved more if we had of gone to one of the attractions, but we had already decided to see a photographic exhibition at the State library.

On my second day using a Day Tripper, Robyn and I caught a bus to Coogee Beach, then a bus back to town, and a train and a bus back to Robyn’s home. Later that evening I used the same ticket to bus it back to the train station and a train back into town for dinner and a show. I would have been able to use it to get back home, but was offered a ride by a friend.
Sydney Buses
Sydney Ferries going every which w…
Make your way to the Quay for an e…
The Freshwater, a Sydney Ferry
missandrea81 says:
Thank you. This will come in handy! And belated congrats for being featured (2 years ago) lol
Posted on: Jul 03, 2010
sylviandavid says:
I love how you laid out the different attractions in the area.... it's a wonder anyone leaves the city there is so much to do! sylvia
Posted on: Dec 04, 2008
Sunflower300 says:
Hey all my gorgeous friends, thanks so much for all the congratulations and wonderful comments and smiles on this (featured :)) review. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you keep coming back to read my stuff (for want of a better word).
Posted on: Jul 20, 2008