Maker's Mark Distillery

3350 Burk Spring Road, Loretto, KY, USA - (270) 865-2881

Maker's Mark Distillery Loretto Reviews

BinLeenk BinLeenk
Maker's Mark Distillery Tour May 08, 2008
When I left Nashville, I was still a teensy bit drunk - or, I had the fun kind of hangover. So just imagine the surprise I got when I saw a sign for the Maker's Mark Distillery on my way north to Louisville.

The distillery is located where it has always been, in Loretto, Kentucky. My first impressions (wandering alone before the free tour) were extremely positive due to the well-manicured landscape's fantastic color contrast with the surrounding buildings. The distillery reeked of excellence and quality.

Our guide (Lia? Leah?) was chock full of enthusiasm and energy, which made for an excellent addition to our tour of the whisky making process.

The tour begins by revealing the brand's history, on to the fermenting process, the extraction of alcohol, a quick look at the assembly line (each bottle is hand dipped in that notorious red wax), before entering a barrel storage site. Finally, you walk into the tasting room. And, yes, more reeking of excellence.

There you get to taste the aged and pre-aged bourbon (this one had a kick!). And, of course, the gift shop was there, too.

The Maker's Mark distillery is just one of many on the Kentucky Bourbon trail. But I highly recommend checking it out if you're passing through or are thinking about doing the whole trail.

Related Travel Blogs About Maker's Mark Distillery

Charleston, WV to Bardstown, KY., Makers Mark, Jim Beam, Heaven Hill, Ft Knox
Getting out of Charleston, WV., continued to be a challange. Once I got my self free from the mud, I almost got killed by an alligator. For those who don't know what an alligator is to a road travele…Makers Mark distillery in Loretto, KY. A few years ago, I became an Ambassador for them and as a result…
Raccoon Valley, TN to Radcliff, KY., Makers Mark, Heaven Hill & Jim Beam Distilleries, Ft Knox
Continuing slowly north, I decided to revisit the Bourbon country of Kentucky. The drive up from Tennessee was on secondary roads and ran through some beautiful country. Found the RV park in Radcliff…Loretto, KY and revisited the Makers Mark distillery where they make one of the best bourbons. Took the guided…

Check Loretto Hotel Deals