Makayla Palms

Titikaveka, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Makayla Palms - The beautiful beach.
Makayla Palms - Lounge area.
Makayla Palms - The front of the villa.
Makayla Palms - Bedroom.
Makayla Palms - Kitchen area.

Makayla Palms Rates and Deals

Makayla Palms Rarotonga Reviews

1morespicy 1morespi…
The most beautiful place on earth. Mar 01, 2010
I'm still not sure quite how a stumbled upon this place. I think it was on some Cook Islands accommodation site. I picked Makayla Palms because it was a bit more within my price range and after looking at their official website was totally won over. It's owned by John and Rachel, the best hosts you could ever ask for.

Me and my sister were greeted at the airport by Rachel came bearing ei's. By looking around the arrivals hall I say we had the best ones too!

Everything about this stay was perfect. Rachel and John made us both feel totally at home and it really was more like visiting far away family than anything else. Rachel even gave us a lift down the road to see a local tattooist but when he wasn't there we went to see a friend of hers and had a cuppa and a chat before going back to the tattooist.

We had originally booked a studio apartment but we got upgraded to the villa. The villa was very roomy and the front is all sliding doors so plenty of natural light. The kitchen came fully equipped including basic food stuffs in the larder and a huge bowl of very fresh fruit and the occasional home baked goodies.

The beach was only a few seconds stroll away and if we were really unlucky there might be another person on it. Snorkelling equipment was provided although both me and Emma definitely need more practice it was still a great experience seeing all the fishes close up like that.

I would absolutely recommend Makayla Palms to anyone staying in Rarotonga who want a real hide away. Me and Emma didn't do that much but every recommendation we got was bang on the money, including the tattoo place.

Thanks to John and Rachel for making our visit totally unforgettable.
The front of the villa.
Lounge area.
Kitchen area.
sarahsan says:
Congrats on your featured review! I was on Rarotonga in 1999. Reading your review brought back good memories.
bernard69 says:
congrats on being featured:)
KeikoCreative says:
Congrats on your featured!:)

Check Makayla Palms Rates and Deals