Makati Shangri-La Manila

Check Makati City Hotel Deals

Makati Shangri-La Manila Makati City Reviews

billyk billyk
Business with a Twist May 04, 2014
If you are on a business trip and looking to place to stay that will mix it with pleasure this is a great option since it is well located to Makati Business Central District and adjacent to big malls like Greenbelt, Glorietta and Landmark.

It is also a good place to unwind after day of work and meetings because of the endless choices of nightlife activities like Restaurants, Bars, Spas and others.

And if you love shopping, you wont regret being here you wont get enough of all the choices available around.

Hotel lobby is amazingly luxurious, breakfast buffet is full of various cuisines and all in all, food and service are second to none.
bnony bnony
True 5-Star Oct 25, 2013
I had the pleasure of staying here overnight in mid August of this year(2013) on business. This place is amazing! From the moment you walk in the large glass doors you just know you have entered a premier hotel. The room was booked as a standard by my company and it was far from "standard". A large King size bed with clean and inviting sheets and blankets. The bathroom had a large walk in shower and dual vanity. Everything needed to work could be found at the desk located below the flat screen television. We met at the hotel bar for drinks after a trip through the city and visit to the Embassy. The bar featured a live band covering any kind of music you could ask for. The drinks were priced accordingly for a large city. They had a cool covered area outside the bar for patrons to relax on the couches and enjoy the evening. Now the selling point for me to return was the breakfast!! The buffet offered foods from all over the world cooked to perfection. The table with curried eggs and sausages is a must!
MyLifeInTravel MyLifeIn…
Tranquil Escapade In Manila Jun 15, 2012
After a long trip I decided to pamper myself in the end. And I wasn't sorry for that. Simply it's the best (at least in my opinion)spot in Makati, Manila. the location is just where it should be in such a metropolitan crowded city. the GREEN BELT is the main spot there. it's a multi-buildings mall in gardens (you can say malls). The design is just fascinating. it's not only that, you can find also shopping spots, malls, department stores ...etc.

Back to the hotel I think the name is enough. I like (you can say also love hhhhh) SHANGRI-LA. they never let me down. the hotel is big enough to say huge. the stuff is just amazing and helpful (I like their UNIFORMS). the breakfast is another story.

Just before I finish remember that I'm not a businessman rather I'm a 3 star hotels guest so keep that in your mind while u are reading my review.
YukioSP YukioSP
Bad deal Jun 05, 2011
I went to Makati, Manila for a business travel. And chose this hotel thinking in to enjoy a world class service. Actually the place is nice, the breakfast was just great. The staff are the stars of this company.

But one think made me regreat of my choice: the bathtub.

As a traveler coming from Japan, which a japanese family name I thought I would enjoy a relaxing bathtub before sleep. But the water conditions were awful. The water was black.

I heard about this phenomenon on cheap hotels of Shanghai, that's why when I went there with a friend we chose a more expensive hotel. Unfortunately I didn't ask about the quality of water at Shangri-la Makati and I got what you can see in the picture.

I intend to back there and get a best room the next time. :D
TravellinChic says:
you should have complained. This shouldnt happen in hotels likes shangrila. my italian classmate always stay here and he ALWAYS is happy bec there are no experience like this. This must be VERY RARE and you should have complained immediately! Not even in cheap hotels in Philippines should you get this experience.
Posted on: Apr 01, 2012
van9338 van9338
Shangri la makati: the best service Jul 04, 2011
Shangri la Makati offers the best service. The location is great. it's close to major malls and hang out places.

Circles cafe in the Hotel offers a wide variety of choices. You should not miss their breakfast.
Amrisalem Amrisalem
the descent side of Makati Jul 11, 2010
are you going to Makati?

looking for a central and safe/descent neighborhood?

looking for quality traditional Filipino restaurants?

Go to Shangri-la ,Makati.

a very good hotel, located in central Makati

near by a shopping mall and you may find a lot of Filipino restaurants.

a trip from Airport to the Hotel, costs around PHP250, Taxi. do not go for taxi deals as they are over estimated, a meter taxi is better.

try an in-room massage, you will like it

but do not go for a Hylote as it is not their specialty, i did not feel the difference between Hylote and Swedish massage.

in general, i would recommend that you ask the Spa receptionist for their signature treatments.

as it is a world wide chain, i needn't speak of neither rooms nor food quality.
room view
coffeeprincess coffeepr…
beautiful shangrila Oct 25, 2009
I recently stayed here on business. The rooms were fantastic (I had a Super-King size bed), the facilities excellent and the service superb.
beautiful makati shangrila hotel
tashgorgeous tashgorg…
Ultimate city escape Nov 28, 2008
My friend did the reservation for us. She requested for a late check in and we were given a late check out as well. I loved the hotel (even though they are our direct competitor), the front office and bell staff are attentive and friendly, which is contrary to what I have been hearing from other people. While my friend was checking in her things at the concierge, she mentioned about smoking to me and the staff was already offering a box of matches.

The lobby is grand and has a very pleasant aroma, it appeals to all senses. The lobby lounge had sweet music playing as well.

The room wasn't really big but the architecture and design is very elegant, the bathroom is huge though, and we really appreciate this. There's a fax machine in every room which would have helped a business traveller. But since I was there on leisure, I would've appreciated a DVD player more.

The pool could get crowded, I wish they had a larger poolside and more sunbeds for sun bathing.

I would say the Makati Shangri La has one of the best locations in the metro. It is few minutes away from the airport, the train station and literally a few steps away from the malls (Glorietta, Greenbelt, Landmark) and party places. It is also right smack in the corporate centers/offices.

Food is ok as well, I loved the Circles Restaurant, the theme and the food itself. Service in the restaurants were not as attentive as the lobby staff though.
Makati Shangri La : Twin
Dress/work table
Shangri La view from the pool
Makati Shangri La - pool
ashes13413 ashes134…
Beautiful Hotel in the heart of the Bussiness District in Makati City, Manila, Philippines Sep 20, 2007
I stayed at this hotel for 4 weeks and did not want to leave. The staff were great, they were always friendly and quick with getting something I needed. They will work around your work or play schedule for cleaning your room. While I was here I was traveling with for my job. I worked 2 am till 11 am usually, they always had my room clean, laundry done, frig stocked etc when I came in from work. I had 1 person who always did my room & took care of me while I was there, he would stop me everyday on my way to work to make sure I wanted turn down service the next morning before I got back. He got used to what I drank and ate the most out of my frig and would always put extra of that. Coming into a clean room with all your laundry done, your bed turned down, fresh flowers (in the sitting area, bathroom and bedroom) chocolate on my pillow, breakfast menu and tv remote at the foot of my bed, bath rob, slippers and towels laid out in the bathroom and always a "Hello Ms. Ashley, how was work?" before entering my room was so wonderful! I felt like I was taking a long vacation instead of working! This hotel offers great 24 hour room service. The only down fall with food is that you cannot have anything food delievered here, only hotel food. They also have a wonderful Spa & Hair Salon. I went once a week to the hair salon, to get different things done. The manager knew I always came on Tuesday and got to where he would call my room Monday afternoon to set me up an appoitment. The hair saloon is not like any that we have around here in Bristol, Virginia! The chair are big comfy leather chairs with a place for your feet. Everything is quiet and relaxed. I also got a manicure and pedicure a few times here and had my nails painted every week during my hair appointment. The hair saloon also sells some of the best hair products I have ever used. The spa at Makati Shangri-La is also very wonderful! I got a couple of massages a week, if they were booked the young lady that always did my massages would come to my room. It was so relaxing after a day at the office! The pools here are beautiful as well. With outdoor bars so you can have a martini while floating in the pool ; ) I also used the tennis court quiet often. My room was amazing. I had a huge very comfy bed with lots of pillows, a desk for all of my work stuff, a small sitting area where I could have new friends over for drinks or just to hang out. The bathroom was probably my favorite part of my room. I had a large walk in shower and a huge tub perfect for bubble baths! Also very relaxing after work. The Makati Shangri-La is also very secure. It has a long driveway, when your car first enters the drive they stop you to make sure everything on and in the car is okay. Before you can enter the hotel they check all bags and you to make sure you are safe. At first I found this rather annoying but after some time there and experiencing the explosion at the Glorietta Mall right across the street I found this security measure very comforting! The hotel is beautiful, everyone is always smiling and willing to help. But one of the best things about it is that it is within a very short walk of Great food and 2 very large malls! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and cannot wait for my next stay here in a few months.
the entrance at the Makati Shangri…
the lounge at the Makati Shangri-La
my room at the Makati Shangri-La
the pool bar at the Makati Shangri…
yheleen says:
wow - a perfect rating ;) great hotel of course ;)
Posted on: Aug 20, 2008

• Spa bath / Jacuzzi
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Fine Dining
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Computer
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Bedding/Pillow Choices
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Makati Shangri-La Manila

Shangri-La Hotel
Makati Shangri-La, Manila is located at the centre of Manila's most prestigious business, shopping and entertainment district. Just 20 minutes away from the international airport.  This is a gre…Makati Shangri-La, Manila is located at the centre of Manila's most prestigious business, shopping and entertainment district…
Forging Friendship through Food Tripping.
I have been looking forward to work in the financial center of my country, way back in 2005. I tried my luck last quarter of 2005, and luckily landed a job. However, due to some circumstances, I had …city also has many of the country's five-star hotels like The Peninsula Manila, the Shangri-La Hotel Makati

Check Makati City Hotel Deals