Majid's Kabab

Rizal St., Davao City, Philippines

Majid's Kabab Davao City Reviews

regeene regeene
Best Kabab in Davao Apr 14, 2011
If you’ve been to Davao, chances are, you’ve heard of this little place where they serve (dare I say?) the best beef kababs in the country.

I had my first taste of this sweet succulent beefy roll when I was in my 1st year of high school (almost 10 years ago!?) Along Rizal Ave. there is a tailoring shop called Diordan and me and my mates had our sweatpants tailored there. It was around lunchtime and we had to be back in school ASAP, so we decided to sample some kababs from this little stall next door. Needless to say, I have been coming back for more than a decade after that first bite, and I just can’t get enough to this very day.

Featured in countless publications, Majid’s Kabab has now grown to almost twice the size it was back in the early 2000′s, but its recipe has stayed more or less the same. Juicy, home-made, char-broiled beef infused with a mixture of (secret?) spices, rolled with red, plump, grilled tomatoes, special hot sauce, garlic sauce and of course, their one-of-a-kind grape powder.

Yes. That’s right. Grape seed powder (CORRECTION: I later find out it's actually APRICOT, not grape). I honestly believe this is what sets majid’s apart from the others.

No other persian restaurant I have been to in the country has served grape powder with their kababs. Nada. And believe me, it really makes a difference.

They use to leave the powder on the table, along with the salt & pepper, but since the recession, it has been sort of a commodity, so you have to ask for it ^__^

The next time you’re in town, I hope you don’t pass up the opportunity to drop by this place. Because no true blue-blooded Davaoeño can really call himself such without knowing the goodness of MAJID’S KABAB ;¬)
Located along J.P. Rizal Ave. (fro…
regeene says:
Yes!! You definitely HAVE to try it!!:)
Posted on: Apr 18, 2011
mc_taz says:
Is that just across Rizal Promenade? Always heard their advertisements on radio but havent tried it yet. Parang mapapakain ako sa review mo. Tnx!
Posted on: Apr 18, 2011