Majesty of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas Reviews

305traveler 305trave…
Very nice Aug 31, 2011
Well when I decided to take a cruise with a friend we were at ends in regards to where we should go? and also how long to go?. Finally we agreed to hit the Bahamas on Royal Caribbean cruise lines. We did the booking about a bit more than a month away from the actual cruise, and the cruise was during the summer, so we knew it would be expensive, but we ended up with a good deal for the both of us, roughly six hundred for the deck closer to the top. And this was for a three night cruise.

So we were setting sail on a upscale cruise line, and we did not really pay that much in general terms. For starters, the room we had was great except that the beds were placed together as one instead of two separate beds, but this was not a big deal. What's troubling is after informing the help desk that we needed the beds separated, we came back to find them exactly the same. I found our maître d'hôtel, and asked about this, to which she informed me that the office indicated to place the beds together. Frustrating as this was, it is not a big deal, because our maître d' was very nice and accommodating.

This was on of the most troublesome situations, what I am getting at, is some of the staff might not be to good at understanding requests, just be patient, your on a cruise!. The ships arrangement is very nice, and very clean. For appearance the ship gets high marks. The food served on the ship is spectacular, and again the cleanliness of the food serving stations is outstanding.

The kicker is simply what you are looking for, when you book a cruise, and for me and my friend this was definitely not for us. This cruise line is suited more to the adult gambler that wants to bring there family on a vacation. The activities are great and the bars and clubs as well, but again these are great if your older and are not looking for a party. I can say that I will not be using Royal until I am a lot older, I am still looking for the college type party scene, which this does not provide.
FishAtHeart FishAtHe…
#5 - Majesty of the Seas Feb 26, 2009
Well, the Majesty of the Seas is probably one of the oldest ships in RCCL's fleet, but that doesn't mean she is ready for the scrapyard. Not by a long shot! Sailing 3 or 4 night cruises from Miami to the Bahamas, it is a great ship for first time cruisers or someone looking for a short cruise getaway!

Small in size, but long on things to do! The crew works just as hard on this ship as the huge others in the fleet. Staff is very friendly and ready to serve you.

The public areas are neat and clean. Our last sailing was back in 2003 over Valentine's Day. There were no problems and we had a great time. Even with 4 of us in an inside cabin, we didn't mind the limited size of the stateroom. There were plenty of things to do!

A lot of time is spent in port while sailing Majesty. Stops include Nassau, Coco Cay and a day at sea on the 4 night trip. At one time, the 4 night included Key West which is always a favorite place to visit.

A little older, but refurbishments have kept the Majesty in great shape. If you are interested in cruising, but not sure if cruising is your thing, try the Majesty!
aelder2259 says:
I just booked a 4 night on this ship for this coming November. It will be interesting to compare it with the much larger Freedom of the Seas, on which I traveled last May.
Posted on: Jan 27, 2011
k7delia26g says:
The Majesty now does Key West instead of a sea day! :)
Posted on: Feb 26, 2009