Maison Tartine

Minderbroedersrui 64, Antwerpen, Belgium

Maison Tartine Antwerpen Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
Not your average sandwich Oct 28, 2014
I stumbled upon Maison Tartine by accident today, while walking from the MAS museum to the Hendrik Conscience square and I must say, initially I walked straight passed it. I was cold and my eyes were fixed to the ground, bound for my next indoors destination.

However the sound of chatting people, the smell of warm cheese and a glimpse of a luscious salad made me trace back some steps and gaze up at the large windows.

The place looked cosy inside. It is. There's a lot of noise, because there's a lot of people, all sitting close to each other at a long counter or at several small tables. But loads of people tend to be a good sign so I walked in and grabbed the last free spot: a tiny table by the window. There stood a cute ceramic pot and some flowers for decoration, and a nicely designed menu.

The menu isn't extensive, but the options are still plenty and every dish I saw being walked passed me looked delicious. Mine was, too. I got a sandwich with chicken and ham, and it was pretty huge. The home made lemonade with cucumber was very refreshing, too. I'm not always a fan of home made stuff like iced tea's and such, but Maison Tartine did it right.

The place appears to be known for the sandwiches they sell. Not pre-baked breads or baguettes but real sandwiches with real, wholegrain bread that's cut thick by hand. I loved it. There are desserts as well: sweet and savoury cakes and some cookies or brownies. You will not believe it, but I actually stuck to the sandwich. But the sweets looked nice, too. When I stood by the counter to pay my bill I kind of regretted not having ordered any. Next time! For sure :)
Home made lemonade with lemon and …
Yummy sandwich
My table

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Antwerpen Map