Maine Kayak

113 Huddle Road, Pemaquid Harbor, ME, USA - (866) 624-6352

Maine Kayak Pemaquid Harbor Reviews

Kramerdude Kramerdu…
Sep 05, 2006
The one activity, I wanted to do while in Maine was go Sea Kayaking again. I had participated once before a couple of years ago and it was a great activity.Alow key, but active adventure thatoffers a different way to explore the outdoors. Searched around before the trip and found Maine Kayak among several other outfitters that I Googled. Ultimately chose this group because it was aoutside the Portland area and I thought it would be a bit more remote.

Chose the full day kayak trip for $115 (out of season - including a lobster lunch). After outfitting at the base in Pemaquid Harbor, drove to the put-in in Muscongous Bay. Kayaked around several of the islands in the bay for a couple of hours, before stopping for our lunch. Returned to our original put-in in the afternoon. The best day weather-wise of my trip was an added bonus, to the fun.

Saw several different birds (including some bald eagles), seals, and other wildlife. Watchedmany of the lobsterboats plying their trade especially in the morning. The water was not too much trouble for non-seasoned kayakers, although the wind added some chop during the afternoon. Amazing the changes between high and low tide that we experienced as we left just after high tide and returned at low tide. It was difficult telling that we had returned to the same location.

No pictures at this point (didn't think it wise to take my digital camera out in the kayak). Guide had a waterproof camera and may have some photos available in the near future.

Maine Kayak also offers half-day and overnight excursions, as well as river/lake and whitewater kayak expeditions. My trip was moderately price for a full day of guided activity. Also offers kayak rentals if you don't need or want a guide.

Compare Bristol Hotel Rates (7.4km away)

Maine Kayak Map