Main Street

496 Calle 60, Merida, Mexico
01 999 923 6850
Main Street - Cheers, everyone!
Main Street - Big plate of pizza
Main Street - Yucatan cutlets
Main Street - Main Street restaurant in the park
Main Street - Free nachos with salsa dip and guacamole
Main Street - My Modelo beer
Main Street - Menu items (prices in Mexican pesos)

Main Street Merida Reviews

Cho Cho
Nice outdoor restaurant in a park Oct 12, 2016
This restaurant was situated practically next door to our hotel and we decided to try it out one evening. Although most of the reviews about this place were on the negative side I thought it wasn't that bad really, although the prices were a bit high by local standards. Understandably so, as it is in a tourist area in the historic district of Merida.

I started off with a 'Modelo' beer (which I have grown to like). When the waiter came I asked him to recommend us typical Yucatan dishes from the menu. He pointed to Yucatan cutlets so I ordered a plate, along with another bottle of Modelo. The cutlets turned out to be very tasty and filling as I got a sizeable portion (see pics). My friend had a pizza which was also great in quantity and quality. Oh, the nachos to go with the drinks were free too!

The service was good and we didn't have to wait long for our food even though it was nearly full with diners. The waiters understood enough English and we didn't have any problems communicating with them. Again, I suppose the staff must know some English as this restaurant is regularly patronized by foreigners.

The best part about this place is the atmosphere since it is in a well known park where people come and go, plus live Mexican music playing by some local bands in front of a luxury hotel called the Mansion which is right across the Main Street restaurant.

I can't remember exactly how much the cost of the dinner came up to but it was certainly much less than it would be at a similar restaurant here in the United States.
Main Street restaurant in the park
Menu cover
Menu items (prices in Mexican peso…
My Modelo beer