Mai Tai Resort

Check Port Douglas Hotel Deals

Mai Tai Resort Port Douglas Reviews

BrookeB21 BrookeB21
Uniquely Luxurious Nov 20, 2013
Mai Tai Resort in Port Douglas is pretty amazing. We stayed at the villa at the top of the hill, separate from the rest of the resort. It is a two bedroom, one bathroom villa with amazing views. I love the way the villa is decorated, Balinese style with Buddhas almost everywhere you look. How unique. I really enjoyed sitting on the deck in the mornings watching the sunrise. The reason I only give this a four star is because of the service. I thought for what we were paying for the place the service should've been a little better. We ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for it, the air conditioner broke and we had to fix it, and he offered other guests at the resort complimentary breakfast but because our villa had a kitchen breakfast wasn't offered to us. It's a good thing my husband and I are animal lovers because they had many cats and dogs running around the resort which might be a problem for some people. All in all I'd stay here again the next time we're in Port Douglas because it was such a unique experience. The villa has a private plunge pool which was very cold, but it's hot in Port Douglas in November so some might like that. I prefer it to be a little heated though. The host was very good at making arrangements for excursions for us and setting up reservations at restaurants. Awesome villa, really it is. But sorry, only getting 4 stars from me...
Plunge pool at the villa
View from the deck
Furry friend in our living room
Kitty and Buddha on the deck

Mai Tai Resort Overview

The Mai Tai Resort offers an outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi and a spa & wellness centre as well as a 24 hour reception, a dry cleaning service and a business centre.

For the comfort and safety of guests, the Mai Tai Resort offers non-smoking rooms. The hotel's spa includes body treatment facilities and facial treatments. Other services offered include a laundry service, a safe-deposit box and luggage storage. Flames of the Forest, Four Mile Beach and Macrossan Street are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

Marina Mirage Port Douglas, Port Douglas Wharf and Shipwreck Museum and Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary are within easy driving distance of the Mai Tai Resort. The centre of Port Douglas is 20 minutes away by car. Cairns Airport (CNS) is a 70 minute drive from the hotel. Mossman Gorge is within a 10 minute drive.

Mai Tai Resort Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower