Mahek

Mahek - Our waiter and the chef

Mahek Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Mahek - a nice Indian Restaurant Oct 21, 2009
This Indian restaurant is located in the Coral Strand Hotel on Beau Vallon Beach. Just a 15 minutes drive from Victoria.

The interior is a bit boring and uncharming and it could have done with some nice music, but the service was good and the food excellent.

As we were waiting for our dinner several Indians came to eat, which was a good sign. Other people were welcomed back, another good sign that it must be good.

After we had enjoyed our appetizer, the main course was served very efficiently. We had ordered

FISH MAPPAS :Jobfish cubes in a mild coconut gravy tempered with mustard seeds

and

BAGHARE BAIGAN: Eggplants cooked in exotic gravy of peanuts, cashewnuts, sesame seeds and tamarind.

Both dishes were very good. I had never heard of jobfish before, but it has sure become my favorite fish. It is a big white fish, which is tender and very juicy.

Prices are a bit high compared to what you get, but nothing is cheap in the Seychelles. A fish curry cost $ 35.

The staff was nice and the food was good. During our dinner the chef came over to our table to ask if we were enjoying the food. I would absolutely eat here again.
Our appetizer
Rice, Fish Mappas and Baghare Baig…
Mahek Restaurant
Our waiter and the chef
almond72 says:
I looove Indian food ! That stuff makes me hungry !
Posted on: Nov 07, 2009