Mahatu Leticia Hostel

Check Leticia Hotel Deals

Mahatu Leticia Hostel Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Sneaky little man Jul 04, 2010
There was nothing fantastic about this place, other than the scenery. This hostel is surrounds by lush vegetation and I just loved being there. Plus the pets are the cutest. Pedro will always be in my heart!

The two things that stood out for me at this place, in a bad way, were the bed. It was like sleeping on concrete, although I'm thinking concrete might have been the better option in this case. You'd wake up in the morning with your stomach hurting from all your organs being pushed to one side of your body.

The other thing, was the owner. In Lonely Planet it says he's a delight, blah blah blah, very helpful and what not. But in my opinion he was a liar. We arrived on a Sunday night and wanted to take the slow boat from Leticia to Iquitos on Wednesday morning. He assured us it would take too long and we wouldn't be there in time for when we needed to be. He then said he would get us a ticket for the fast boat, but oh my, he couldn't get it until Friday, which we believe he totally lied about because a couple we ended up traveling with on Friday got their ticket the night before, so Thursday.

He just left us with the worst taste in our mouth, and never wanting to stay at that hostel again.

My advice, is try to find a better place than this one.
Pool area