Maharaja

Tokyo, Japan

Maharaja Tokyo Reviews

sirenn9 sirenn9
Great Indian food in unexpected places Jun 14, 2007
Who knew that there was such a large Indian community in Tokyo? I never would have guessed! So, as you can imagine, there were lots of Indian restaurants there, and although I tried to restrain myself from eating food from India during the ten days I was in Japan, I just couldn't resist!

This quaint but stylist little restaurant is in the upstairs area of the Tokyo Dome area, specifically the "La Qua" area, which is filled with rides (an insane rollercoaster, a ferris wheel, etc), restaurants and shops. We had a fantastic time there, and Maharaja was the perfect way to end our day. They had a menu that had descriptions of their dishes in both English and Japanese, which I thought was cool, and the waiter was tri-lingual. We ordered tea, samosas, and three different curries with rice. The palak paneer was amazing (among the best I have ever had) and the chicken tikka masala, as well as the korma, were both great as well. The prices were very reasonable, too. I definitely recommend eating here if you are craving something other than Japanese food while in Tokyo.
Alex enjoying chicken tikka masala…
lisa says:
haha yess i love the indian chains in japan. their curries are so good, and i love the HUGE naan!
Posted on: Jul 30, 2007