Magnum Cafe

Grand Indonesia West Mall Level 5, Jakarta, Indonesia
Magnum Cafe - Inggrid Waffle de Regalia (waffle Magnum Ice Cream with fresh strawberries and hot magnum dark chocolate)
Magnum Cafe - My Waffle de Aristocrat (waffle Magnum Ice Cream with cracked chocolate and roasted caramelized banana)
Magnum Cafe - We order..
Magnum Cafe - Girls
Magnum Cafe - Jo
Magnum Cafe - My friends try to finish the dishes
Magnum Cafe - Boy

Magnum Cafe Jakarta Reviews

phieraditya phieradi…
Magnum Cafe, taste the royal Mar 03, 2011
A friend of mine, who had spent a year on mining land in Borneo contacted me and said will be back for good to Jakarta, and first thing ‘new’ in Jakarta he want to try is Magnum Café. He said it is located in Grand Indonesia and offer various menu from Wall’s Magnum Ice Cream.

I love Ice Cream, in Indonesia, brands you will find in almost every minimarket either Wall’s or Campina or both. From those two brands, almost always I buy Wall’s Magnum or Campina Neapolitan. Wall’s Magnum because I like its chocolate cover and Campina Neapolitan because Neapolitan ice cream itself.

So, finally my friend arrived in Jakarta, and we agree to meet on Wednesday, 3 March 2011 after office hour. And now, here I am waiting for him on entrance of Grand Indonesia West Mall. He arrives, we chat, and I hear someone call me, Inggrid! What a surprise, I met Inggrid on several Nature Trekker activities, but I guess everyone goes to Mall :D, she just bought Camera Bag, and glad to meet someone to eat with, she skipped her lunch, and so did I.

Starving, we head to Magnum Café, and no empty tables, we wait and several others also. While we sit on waiting area, I learn that tomorrow and 2 days after tomorrow are Grand Launching Days, and they will give 50% discount, wow, I cannot imagine the next three days, because today is also full.

After half an hour, finally a waitress in royal dress leads us to our table. I order Waffle de Aristocrat (waffle Magnum Ice Cream with cracked chocolate and roasted caramelized banana), Inggrid order Waffle de Regalia (waffle Magnum Ice Cream with fresh strawberries and hot magnum dark chocolate), Jo order The Prince’s Cookies & Cream (Magnum chocolate chip cookies and Magnum Stick drizzled with hot chocolate and fresh cream), which each IDR 35.000, we also order Court Jester (Nacho tortilla chips topped with Magnum chilli con carne, rich melted cheese and jalapenos) IDR 39.000.

When our Ice Cream come, we quite surprise with the portions, we though they will be dessert portion but they are main course portion and it challenge to clean our plates. But next time, I will be more ready to finish the Ice Cream :p. I like my order, I like the chocolate and the banana, the waffle itself not soft but still I like it, for the Magnum Ice Cream—which I like because of its Belgian Chocolate cover—the chef choose to serve it without its chocolate cover. I test Inggrid’s and I like it. I test Jo’s and I like all the elements: cookies, hot chocolate, fresh cream. For Nacho, I prefer it is served with cream cheese rather than melted cheese. We all satisfied and full and no another meal for next several hours.

If you simply want an Ice Cream Stick and not Ice Cream Dine, Magnum Café have Dipping Station, they offer Vanilla or Chocolate Magnum Stick to dip to Belgian Milk or Dark Chocolate and 2 choices of toppings: oreo cookies, vanilla cookies, choco crunch, choco rice (IDR 20.000), hazelnut, almond, walnut, pistachio (IDR 25.000). They also have not Ice Cream Menu: Burgers, Chicken, Beef, Lamb Ribs, Oxtail, Salad, Soup, Spaghetti, Ramen, even Fried Rice, basically menu for all which I’m not yet taste, maybe on my next visit with a friend who not big fan of Ice Cream. They have also on their menu many fancy drinks: smoothie, frappe, shake, hot/cold chocolate—off course, coffee, tea, juice, and soft drinks.

Note: I met my college friend sat on table next to ours, and Inggrid met her friends, too, what a coincidence.

Note 2: Jo several time ask for another visit to Magnum Café, which I will be glad to, but time still not on my side.

09 June 2011

Last Night I paid another visit to Magnum Cafe, checked on their menu, they add many new menu. Have learn the portion, this time I order a portion of ice cream and a portion of appetizer for me and a friend, another friend order soup and smoothies.

My order:

- Strawberry Fantasy Queen's portion IDR 35.000 (2 Magnum Ice Cream served in Strawberry Soup and Bananas)

- Quesadilla IDR 35.000

- Teapot of Camomile Tea IDR 10.000

The Strawberry Fantasy come in portion decent for single or double, the strawberry soup bit too sour for me, but I didn't like jam in general. The Quesadilla is superb! want to taste more but not with the white sauce served it with, we didn't touch it after our first dipped. I like they serve tea in pot for IDR 10.000, generous.

I don't remember the name of shrimp soup my friend order and we really didn't like how it taste and it's too salty, also the garlic breads were just so so. But the smoothies were good.
Inggrid Waffle de Regalia (waffle …
My Waffle de Aristocrat (waffle Ma…
Jo