Magnolia

2304 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX, USA
Magnolia - love the salsa and Mad Mug!!!
Magnolia - another omelet
Magnolia - everyone is happy at Magnolia's
Magnolia - famous Magnolia's open 24hrs!
Magnolia - Vegetarian Popeye: Steamed spinach, red onion, cheddar and jack cheese.
Magnolia - Cool looking Magnolia Cafe neon sign.
Magnolia - Entrance to Magnolia Cafe.

Magnolia Austin Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
24hrs homemade food - Magnolia's Cafe Jan 01, 2009
After a party night and before going back home a friend suggested to go to another Austin's institution: Magnolia's Cafe.

It's a small place, but cozy. It was around 3am and the parking lot was full, same inside, but we found a table. Our guide ordered the Mad Mug as appetizer, which has Black beans, queso, avocado & pico de gallo. Delicious!!! They serve breakfast the whole day, which includes different kind of omelets. Also they offer steak, pasta, fish and tex-mex! One of us ordered quesadillas while the other 3 of us got omelets. The boys got ones with bacon and meat and I got the Veggie Popeye One. I expected it to be small but was huge!!!

All the portions here are so big!!! They would give you free chips and salsa, which is delicious!! We even took a cup of salsa for the next day.

The inside of the restaurant might not be the greatest. It looks like an old diner, but charming. The staff is friendly and fast. It's not difficult to meet people you have been partying with at Magnolia's. Everybody knows and likes this place.
famous Magnolia's open 24hrs!
love the salsa and Mad Mug!!!
Vegetarian Popeye: Steamed spinach…
another omelet
Eric Eric
Mar 13, 2007
Cheap, homestyle tex-mex diner/cafe that is open 24 hours. Service is fast and friendly, the food is cheap and served in Texan sized portions. I made the mistake of ordering both a breakfast taco and a spinach omelette. I had never had a breakfast taco before (it is essentially a tortilla with eggs, meat, and whatever else you want thrown in), but it was almost large enough to be a meal by itself. Combined with the giant omelette (which came with bread and a salad), I was in a food coma for the rest of the night.
Entrance to Magnolia Cafe.
Cool looking Magnolia Cafe neon si…
th5329a says:
Magnolia is amazing...I suggest the Mag Mud if you're ever in Austin. It's part chili con queso part guacamole. It's pretty much heaven and one of the things I miss most about home!
Posted on: Jun 16, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Magnolia

3rd night in Austin = 3rd party night ;)
Following our routine, we got up just to go out and get some lunch, haha. Alon came for us and would drive us, since the car was parked downtown, hehe. We were almost ready, but were waiting for Vane…Austin institution: Magnolia's I'd write a review about this place. They serve food 24hrs. The boys were starving…

Check Austin Hotel Deals