Magnolia Bakery

(212) 462-2572

Magnolia Bakery New York Reviews

sugarose sugarose
Heaven on earth! May 25, 2012
Man the desserts in this place are amazingly delicious! Its a nyc classic and they are totally worth the calories. I recommend the banana pudding is one of their best known creations and MY total favorite. I also love red velvet cupcakes and their carrot cakes. Never really had their cookies so i cant give my opinion. But yea i am hungry just thinking about it. The price is average for a NYC bakery and the customer service was good all the times i been there but might not be so if they are really busy. But definitel a must try.
Chica3112 Chica3112
No wonder Carrie and Co are forgetting about their diets at this place!!! Apr 23, 2011
It's really true, BEST cupcakes I've ever had!!! ( And I had a lot! ;) )

It's really worth waiting in the ( LOOOOONG ) line in front of the bakery, once you've had a cupcake here, you wouldn't want any other!!!

My favorite, ... vanilla cupcake with cheesecake topping! ;)
LisaLeni LisaLeni
Attention Cupcake Lovers Apr 21, 2011
As a German citizen I'm used to having bakeries around me... I wish I would live next to Magnolia Bakery WELL no, actually not (wouldn't be good for my workout plans) Defo a MUST go if you're a Cupcake and Cake Lover like me but psssht heehee Couldn't get enough of that stuff when I was around :-)
gwizzle17 gwizzle17
Best cupcakes I've ever had! Dec 21, 2009
The bakery came out in an episode of SATC and has some of the best cupcakes I've ever had!

While not the cheapest cupcakes you could buy, they are on the cheaper end of upscale cupcakes that I've had. We bought a box of 6 for about $16.50, so not a bad deal in the end.

The bakery was filled with locals buying a cupcake on their way home, so you know this place is the real thing!

We order red velvet cupcakes with vanilla whipped icing- fabulous, chocolate icing on vanilla cake- just right, and one chocolate on chocolate, which I didn't try but my friends loved. I have a fairly big sweet tooth, but the chocolate on chocolate seemed a little much for me, considering I found the chocolate on vanilla a bit borderline. I really really enjoyed the red velvet though and would recommend always trying one of their specialties and one of their classics. I also recommend eating them fresh, as they aren't as good a day or two later (but still satisfactory!)!
Me in front of the bakery.
Yum.
ajdennis1980 ajdennis…
Nothing Special Apr 12, 2008
I may be being controversial but I really didn't see anything special about these cakes.

We stopped just round the corner from this bakery and were amazed with the queue's. Even when we were walking back from the subway as late as 11pm people were stretched around the corner.

Anyway as it was my mum's 50th birthday during our stay and we decided to get her a cup cake with token candle for her special day! So nice and early we queued and got a selection of five (one for each of us).

They were very fresh, that much is true, but I've had better cakes in NYC (Amy's Bread, Chelsea Market) and back in the UK and wouldn't queue again! And no sign of Sarah Jessica Parker :)

Sorry avid fans!
nikki_xx says:
I agree about Magnolia Bakery! I did the Sex and the City tour when I was there, and out tour guide had already bought cakes for us! The queues were absolutely insane!! The cakes weren't that great either!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2009
lparisya lparisya
Aug 28, 2007
Some people think Magnolia cupcakes are the best the city has to offer. Sarah Jessica Parker is just one of the celebrity regulars, who can't seem to resist. The bakery is located in a cute neighborhood hosting cafes with outdoor seating, and one of kind boutiques.

The bakery is a huge tourist attraction, but NYC native (like myself) can be spotted stading in line for cupcakes. You can see the decorated cupcakes from the window. The cast of Sex and the City made the place into a landmark, but recently Allysa Torey sold Magnolia to a well-known restaurateur, so I don't know what has become of the quality.

Check New York Hotel Deals