Magic Wok

020 7792 9767

Magic Wok London Reviews

ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
Mad for Magic Wok Sep 27, 2010
Being half chinese does have its perks. You know good chinese food and can clearly distinguish, not so authentic ones out there.

This came highly recommended by a colleague and after many postponed plans, we finally got to go for lunch after a visit to the Portobello Market (which clearly deserves its separate review). Location wise, it is excellent. Either you choose to drop at the Queensway, Central Line or Bayswater, Bakerloo line, it is pretty accessible.

From the outside, it's a relatively small chinese restaurant. Upon entering, you'd see though that while they maximized the space and the tables are pretty close to each other, the place is clean and you won't come out of the resto smelling like a walking Chinese dish.

My colleagues ordered the seafood crispy noodle, to which they were all sung and praises. I, on the other hand, stuck to a Chinese resto staple, Yang Chow rice and ordered their very spicy prawns. Their food is delicious and they will make sure that you've got the chili paste, soy sauce and even the lemon sauce handy in case you're just like me who loves her Chinese food with all these condiments mixed altogether! While enjoying my food, they wanted me to try and boy did they insist that I try some of their seafood crispy noodle. I did and I was converted. Right there and then, I told myself that I'd order it the next time I go back. The vegetables and seafood were all fresh and generously served on top of the crispy noodles, really, what's not to love?

After enjoying the meal, the best part about this resto and one of the reasons that they're known for is them providing all customers sliced, fresh oranges, the sweetest variety too, together with those fortune cookies. I have to say that this has always been a favorite part for me, reading all the fortunes, whoever I am with.

As for the price, I'd think its pretty moderate. More importantly, you definitely get your money's worth.

Go there for excellent Chinese food. You may thank me after. ;)
Magic Wok's simple facade