Magic Music Pub & Restaurant

Ó utca 23, Budapest, Hungary

Magic Music Pub & Restaurant Budapest Reviews

TatianaFokina TatianaF…
I would return! Sep 04, 2009
When my friends and I came to Budapest in September 2009 for one day we did not have any specific place in mind to eat at, and just fell on chairs at the first corner when got tired from walking and starving. That was a good discovery! Next year, heading for Budapest for two days, we knew we would eat at Magic Music and nowhere else! I was captivated with fried mushroom heads stuffed with cheese, my friend had the dish named "Jethro Tull" as a goal :-)

The cafe has tables and chairs under umbrellas outside, as usual, and takes two storeys inside. Hungarian and mediterranean food. The menu is in 4 languages (Hungarian, German, English, Italian), prices in Forints and, for information, in Euro. Music in the cafe's title - musical titles of many dishes: Heavy me-tál, Rumpsteak „Hendrix“ style, Zappa, Stones, Madonna, Jethro-tál, as a part of the title. I set the "average" cost because the prices vary from low to high, but as the portions are big and substantial, I guess the "cost" mark is closer to cheap. Especially compared to other EU countries. Service is not included (i.e. you give tips).

First time I ordered two dishes, and that was OK. Next year ordering something else after supernutritious french onion soup was a mistake: everything was delicious, but way too much. But I could not resist mushrooms :-)

We made photos, and I also wrote something down or kept the bill. Here is what we ordered, with prices (HUF/Euro):

Cold raspberry cream soup with wipped cream (in English version described as strawberry soup) - 790 / 3,20

Mushroom heads fried in breadcrumbs stuffed with cheese (my favourite forever! Delicious!) - 1090 / 4,40

Beefgulasch with red wine - 1790 / 7,20

French onion soup served in breadroll - 790 / 3,20

Goulash soup (Bográcsgulyás) - 990 / 4,-

„Stones“ Stuffed turkey breast with cheese, ham, apricots - 1690 / 6,80

In 2009 guys also ordered two more dishes shown on the photos, but I do not remember what they were, and some beer. I always had a bottle of water with me, every day during the travelling, besides, I never drink immediately after the meal, so I did not check the "drinik" section of the menu attentively, so I cannot say anything about the drink&beverage choice. But since it a PUB & restaurant, they must have a wide range of wines (one of them in menu is shown in the first picture), and I also remember they offer cocktails.

Everything is delicious, without exaggeration, but, I repeat, keep in mind that the portions are big, so adjust your appetite with your abilities. One and the same waiter served us both times, and we even had a suspicion he recognized us next year :-D But probably, it only seemed to us. I cannot say he was extremely courteous and obliging, nor did show any special swiftness, but I actually do not look for such features in waiters. All in all, we are just tourists, not a couple having a romantic dinner ;-) Honestly, nothing offensive in his attitude, just another interesting character into the collection of travelling impressions. He speaks English, and he did not write anything down, memorized all our orders. We did not wait long for our food. In September we were sitting outside, next year, in April, it was rainy and very uncosy, so we were inside. The interior is really nice.

I am sure Budapest has plenty of great cafes and restaurants worthy visiting, but I would like to return to Magic Music!
Menu